SMV sign bracket replacement

/ SMV sign bracket replacement #1  

RayCo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Case 580 Super L
I noticed last night that the hose clamp holding the SMV sign bracket on my backhoe broke and the bracket's somewhere on my property. So, I want to pick up a new bracket. Is it a safe assumption that there's nothing special about this bracket, and I should be able to stop at Tractor Supply on the way home from work to pick one up? It's the straight one that goes on the dipperstick cylinder on a BX24.

Thanks

/ SMV sign bracket replacement #2  
mine broke too. I found the holder, its the metal band that is too thin that broke. I just moved my smv to the rops area where there is a holder there too. When i am using the BH, I just swing it down and out of the way. Its still visable to the rear traffic when BH is in transport mode..

/ SMV sign bracket replacement
So much for my numbers-matching show tractor. ;)

/ SMV sign bracket replacement #4  
Seems to me the $5.29 SMV Emblem Hardware Kit from Tractor Supply should work fine. Part # 2800008. It looks like the Kubota bracket but if it isn't exactly alike you'll still be okay as it comes with the sign and the tractor parts.

It doesn't look like it includes the hose clamp so you'll want to pick up a new one, preferably stronger than the original.

Let us know how it all works out in case one of us needs one next.

/ SMV sign bracket replacement
Excellent. Thanks slewisma. I'm thinking about putting 50 hose clamps on it, because the box of hose clamps I have in my garage contains about 1000 times more than I'll ever need in my whole lifetime. My mechanic dad retired last year, and I inherited a good deal of stuff like that. I wish he had been a tractor mechanic. :rolleyes:

/ SMV sign bracket replacement #6  
Excellent. Thanks slewisma. I'm thinking about putting 50 hose clamps on it, because the box of hose clamps I have in my garage contains about 1000 times more than I'll ever need in my whole lifetime. My mechanic dad retired last year, and I inherited a good deal of stuff like that. I wish he had been a tractor mechanic. :rolleyes:

Okay but don't put on too many clamps :p At some point the sign will break instead of the clamps..... and TSC charges more for the sign than they do for the bracket or your free clamps.