5' Bush Hog on a BX23?

/ 5' Bush Hog on a BX23? #21  
well whether it's right or wrong I have an ath 600 on my bx22 and I'm cutting with it at 1 1/2 inch high about 4 acre of land and the tractor does well. I dont let the grass get to hay stage but normal 2 to 3 weeks between cuttings and it don't take long to cut it. Thats my 2cents for what its worth

The ATH 600, being a finish mower, looks relatively "short" compared to a brush cutter. It's only about 66 pounds lighter than a comparably-sized Squeeler brush hog, but my gut tells me that the tractor is gonna lift it much easier due to the length. Again, I could be way off - no dimensions on Bush Hog's site.

Either way, if you choose to use something that big, take it very easy over the bumps. There's another thread somewhere on here talking about the damage that guys do by travelling over bumps with heavy implements on the rear. I've got a 48" brush hog on my BX, and it makes the tractor "feel" heavy enough to me that I go slowly when it's raised.

Oh, one other thing... when cutting loose material on a hot day, the little bit of fluff that covers the screen is enough to make the temperature rise uncomfortably high my BX. I usually stop once or twice when doing a 1/2 acre patch - it is 3 feet high when I get around to cutting it though!

Jesse