B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness

/ B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness #1  

Tim_in_IA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD, Mahindra 6500 4WD, JD 440ic crawler, 2 560 farmalls.
Hi I have a B7610. I love this machine but the 3 point can be a bit ridiculous. I have read some mention of a quarter inching valve, but my troubles seem to go beyond that. Sometimes when raising it seems to get stuck and wants to keep raising. I really have to pull at the lever to bring it back to center. Also sometimes it is near impossible to get it to go down and when it does it goes uncontrollably fast. Other times, it works as a 3 point should. Are there some adjustments that I need to make or is the valve just a POS? I can live with a little unusual behavior but this can be dangerous at times. I have noticed if it is not up all the way that if I reach back and lift up on the 3 point arms it seems to relieve something and it responds then. I noticed a horizontal bar with some kind of spring on it and I'm hoping that is some kind of trip relieve or something that is just out of adjustment.

/ B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness #2  
My 7510 3 point gets a bit jerky raising only. Donesn't always come to the top of the lift unless I give the lift lever a second goose,

Lowers just fine.

/ B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness
When I was using it this last weekend it now has decided that it doesn't want to let the 3 point drop at all. I can see when I am moving the lever the lever is actually flexing and the valve isn't cycling. If I push it as close as I can to lowering and drive for a bit I think the bumps jerk something and the deck finally lowers. There is a rod with threads and a spring on the end that seems to trip something. Is there some adjustment that needs to be made or what is going on here?

Thanks,
-Tim

/ B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness #4  
I believe there is a valve on the rear wall by where your feet go. That valve on my B7610 controls the 3pt. sounds like yours might be closed or obstructed?

Tim

I believe there is a valve on the rear wall by where your feet go. That valve on my B7610 controls the 3pt. sounds like yours might be closed or obstructed?

Tim

Thanks I will check this out!

/ B7610 3 point sticks / jerkiness #6  
Tim, not sure what your linkage looks like but have two different model Kubotas. I have to keep oiling my linkage as it will rust enough to catch or levers prefer to bend and not move the shafts. Have learned to about once or twice a year to just spray all lever connections down with WD 40 or such. Especially if have used sprayer or spreader.

Tim, not sure what your linkage looks like but have two different model Kubotas. I have to keep oiling my linkage as it will rust enough to catch or levers prefer to bend and not move the shafts. Have learned to about once or twice a year to just spray all lever connections down with WD 40 or such. Especially if have used sprayer or spreader.

I found the problem. THere is a bar with a spring on it that goes from teh lever base back to make contact with the inner 3 point lift arm. It sticks on a bolt that has an eye this shaft goes through. It gets cockeyed and doesnt seem to move to allow the shaft to slide through. I greased it and thought it fixed it but it still sticks. I need to look at it closer to see if it is supposed to rotate as the shaft slides through or not and if it is just sticking. It is a hard area to get to though. My hands get all cut up trying to do anything in there. I'll probably take that bar out just so I can use it and then figure out how to keep it from happening.