Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Silver Member powergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Location
    Rolla, Mo
    Tractor
    CT225 Bobcat with Loader and R4's

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertN View Post
    I got my used B8200 10 or 12 years ago. Tractor, scraper, rotary mower. It fit my immediate needs, and I was able to pay cash.

    Two years later, I bought an aftermarket loader. I can not imagine a "tractor" without one, to the point I debate if it is a tractor....

    I went with a Bushhog brand. It is a quik attach(I think that was all they offered). It matched up for lift specs with the factory kubota loader, was less expensive, and available 5 minutes from my house. Mine was $3100 installed, with free pick up and delivery.

    If your B7100 meets all your other needs, I would add a loader to it. No matter what, it will coast you ~$3000 whether you put a loader on the B7100, or if you have one on whatever new tractor. And, if you ever sell the B7100, the loader will add to the value.

    The loader could be moved to another tractor, but it may require a new and/or modified sub-frame.

    My B8200HST is a '85 manufacture. It is hydro, 4wd, but no power steering. It's 24 years old and still meets/exceeds my needs. So, a loader was a good investment. A newer tractor would be nice, but I really don't need one, nor the limited additional bells and whistles. I added top/tilt to mine, and an aooga horn. The kids love it.
    You pointed out my exact dilema, a new tractor would be nice but basically works out costing $14k for a new loader since there isnt anything wrong with the 7100, i have found a woods loader for 2750 or a brush hog for 3500 installed. probably going to just go with the loader. but it is nice to dream of a new shiney machine.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member jas67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    985
    Location
    Central PA
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    Quote Originally Posted by powergod View Post
    You pointed out my exact dilema, a new tractor would be nice but basically works out costing $14k for a new loader since there isnt anything wrong with the 7100, i have found a woods loader for 2750 or a brush hog for 3500 installed. probably going to just go with the loader. but it is nice to dream of a new shiney machine.
    There is nothing wrong with this logic, but just bear in mind what I and others have pointed out. You will not regret adding a loader to your B7100. As others have stated, I can't imagine having a tractor without one. BUT, you may want power steering, or some other upgrade in the future, so if that is possible, you may want to just buy a different tractor now.

    That doesn't necessarily mean a NEW tractor. Used B1550's with similar hours to your B7100 sell for around $6500 with a loader on it. I don't know what you can get for your B7100HST w/o the loader, but it might be worth considering. Or, if you want more power, consider the B1750 (20 HP), B2150 (24 HP), B2100 (21HP), or B2400 (24 HP), B7500/B7510 (21HP). Yes, these sell for more, but now is the time to consider it.

    I have a B7100HST with a Woods DuAl 145 loader. It is a great machine. BUT, when moving heavy loads with the loader, it wants for power steering. When moving heavy loads with the rear carryall on the three-point (or trying to), it wants for more lifting force; which the above listed models will provide.

    I had considered adding power steering as others have done, but have decided that I should save the $500+labor, and look for a good deal on one of the above.

    Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary. In either case, when you do get a loader, you will wonder how you lived with out it for so long.
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

    The means justify the ends.

  3. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    8,018
    Location
    Shingle Springs California
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    Quote Originally Posted by jas67 View Post
    Or, if you want more power, consider the B1750 (20 HP), B2150 (24 HP), B2100 (21HP), or B2400 (24 HP), B7500/B7510 (21HP). Yes, these sell for more, but now is the time to consider it.

    I have a B7100HST with a Woods DuAl 145 loader. It is a great machine. BUT, when moving heavy loads with the loader, it wants for power steering. When moving heavy loads with the rear carryall on the three-point (or trying to), it wants for more lifting force; which the above listed models will provide.
    This is a point; my B8200 is the generation before the B2150. I do believe mine has bigger capacity all around compared to the 7100
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

  4. #14
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    16,854
    Location
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertN View Post
    I got my used B8200 10 or 12 years ago. Tractor, scraper, rotary mower. It fit my immediate needs, and I was able to pay cash.

    Two years later, I bought an aftermarket loader. I can not imagine a "tractor" without one, to the point I debate if it is a tractor....

    I went with a Bushhog brand. It is a quik attach(I think that was all they offered). It matched up for lift specs with the factory kubota loader, was less expensive, and available 5 minutes from my house. Mine was $3100 installed, with free pick up and delivery.

    If your B7100 meets all your other needs, I would add a loader to it. No matter what, it will coast you ~$3000 whether you put a loader on the B7100, or if you have one on whatever new tractor. And, if you ever sell the B7100, the loader will add to the value.

    The loader could be moved to another tractor, but it may require a new and/or modified sub-frame.

    My B8200HST is a '85 manufacture. It is hydro, 4wd, but no power steering. It's 24 years old and still meets/exceeds my needs. So, a loader was a good investment. A newer tractor would be nice, but I really don't need one, nor the limited additional bells and whistles. I added top/tilt to mine, and an aooga horn. The kids love it.
    I didn't know they made loaders with out tractors !
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

  5. #15
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,192
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Tractor
    Kubota B6100

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    My B6100 (similar tractor) has a loader and I cannot imagine going without it. Sounds like for under 4k you can add the loader and power steering. Hard to beat that assuming the machine runs well. These tractors are very hardy and pretty easy to work on. Yes, power steering is nice. I added it to mine for under $400, I created a post on it and there are many more.
    Mike
    B6100 w/ power steering - link below
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...has-power.html

  6. #16
    Silver Member robbieo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    156
    Tractor
    93 B7100

    Default Re: New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

    and well we all know that power steering can be added if needed i say buy a loader put it on

    then do power steering

    have a little powerhouse like mine
    Rob
    Question:
    What is the cheapest cut of meat

    Answer:
    Deer testicles. They are under a Buck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.