New loader for the B7100 or new tractor

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #1  

powergod

Silver Member
Tractor
CT225 Bobcat with Loader and R4's
So I come here on bended knee looking for advice from all that arent blood relatives here is my issue.
I need a loader do I put one on my B7100HST that is a tad over 1200hrs, or do I sell it and look at a new 2620 or similar sized machine?
Nothing wrong with the B7100 just wondering if I should sink that kind of money for a loader into it, not sure if that will overtax a machine of its age or do I go get a new shiny tractor
thanks for the advice
PG

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #2  
As they say, in answer to your question . . . well, it depends.:) With 1200 hours, your B7100HST isn't anywhere near worn out; still got a long ways to go. But the questions are:
1) how much lift capacity do you need for a front end loader,
2) what will the FEL cost? (My 1995 B7100 came with a B1630C loader and they figured it at $2,400)
3) Power steering sure is nice (but not a real necessity) with a FEL. How important would that be to you?
4) will the cost of the FEL mean you have more invested in the tractor than it's worth (it doesn't really matter if you keep it, but if you should decided to trade up in the near future it would matter).
5) how much can you afford to spend?
6) how important is quick attach? My B7100 FEL was not quick attach, so it was never removed. My B2710 was quick attach and I much preferred removing it for mowing and for using the tiller. I don't know whether you can find a quick attach FEL for the B7100.

So . . ., my advice (which is worth exactly what you paid for it) is to trade up to a new tractor, if you can afford it.:D

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #3  
I've been in both directions on previous tractors..... although the first one, where I opted to add the loader, the loader I bought was used. The second tractor, where I was looking to add a brand new loader, it much more sense to me to just sell it and buy a new tractor. I was getting prices around $3500 out the door (installed by me). Have you gotten any price quotes on a loader yet? I definitely think you'd be impressed with the improvements on a 2620, if that is the route you take.

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #4  
I had a B7100 that I put 3000 hours on and it was still in good running order. Many of those hours were loader hours.

Consider what type of loader work you wish to do. If its a lot and heavy duty stuff for a small tractor consider options.

Otherwise read Birds post carefully and do some cogitating!:D

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor
well the loader price vary from 2750 for a woods loader to almost 5grand for a bota. Im thinking that may put me over the value of the tractor. as far as keeping it, not sure. I bought the tractor knowing it wasnt the final tractor for me but I wasnt sure what i wanted so went with a low buy in until i got a better idea what i wanted it for and what to do with it. the new one are nice and shiney but not sure i want to go into debt for it. i can buy the loader outright but not sure i want to let go of that much cash. im just trying to figure out what it smarter. and the wife isnt helping her standard answer is do what you think is best. which is a double edge sword at best
PG

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #6  
You should get prices on a trade, so you know exactly where you stand. Remember the trade price will get you shiny new paint, atractor with no hours on it, and a bunch of nice features that your B 7100 does not have. Other than that, Bird brought up the exact points I would, so I won't repeat them.
Will

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #7  
6) how important is quick attach? My B7100 FEL was not quick attach, so it was never removed. My B2710 was quick attach and I much preferred removing it for mowing and for using the tiller. I don't know whether you can find a quick attach FEL for the B7100.
[/I]

My B7100HST has a Woods DuAl 145 Quick Detach Loader on it. It was installed by Messicks for the first owner.

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #8  
You also could by a used tractor, and sell yours, or if you find a decent deal on a B7100 with a loader, you could move the loader to your B7100.

I, personally, am looking for an upgrade to something with more rear lift capability, and power steering.

I'm looking at the following models:
B2400
B2100
B1700
B2150
B1750
B1550

The B7100 only has (officially) 400 lbs rear lift capability. The above models all have > 1100 lbs rear lift.

I recently missed out on a B2400 w/ a LA351 loader, 5' rear blade, and a trailer for $8,000. So, I'm looking for another.

I see B7100HST's with loaders selling for $6000-$6500, and gear-drive B7100's with loaders for about $5,000. I is probably cheaper to buy a used tractor with a loader than to buy a loader for your B7100 (unless you find it used).

Good luck in your decision.

Regards,
Jay

/ New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #9  
There are two points I'd like to make. First Point... its not like the loader is an intergrated part of the tractor, look at as a separate equipment purchase. Look at it like you would a tractor purchase, weigh the features, value and benefits. You don't have to upgrade your tractor to get a new loader, especially if your tractor is running well. When the time does come to replace the tractor, you can "keep" the loader for your next tractor and sell the B7100 without the loader. If you sell the tractor with the loader you will get more for the complete package or have better leverage with a trade.

Second option... Ever consider a lease. You can lock in at today's prices and keep your cash reserves in hand with low monthly payments and take advantage of either a loader return option, new loader option or buy-out option at the end of the lease.

Attachments

• TA-55-4WD-B7100.jpg
    TA-55-4WD-B7100.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 666
   / New loader for the B7100 or new tractor #10  
I need a loader do I put one on my B7100HST that is a tad over 1200hrs, or do I sell it and look at a new 2620 or similar sized machine?
Nothing wrong with the B7100

I got my used B8200 10 or 12 years ago. Tractor, scraper, rotary mower. It fit my immediate needs, and I was able to pay cash.

Two years later, I bought an aftermarket loader. I can not imagine a "tractor" without one, to the point I debate if it is a tractor....

I went with a Bushhog brand. It is a quik attach(I think that was all they offered). It matched up for lift specs with the factory Kubota loader, was less expensive, and available 5 minutes from my house. Mine was $3100 installed, with free pick up and delivery.

If your B7100 meets all your other needs, I would add a loader to it. No matter what, it will coast you ~$3000 whether you put a loader on the B7100, or if you have one on whatever new tractor. And, if you ever sell the B7100, the loader will add to the value.

The loader could be moved to another tractor, but it may require a new and/or modified sub-frame.

My B8200HST is a '85 manufacture. It is hydro, 4wd, but no power steering. It's 24 years old and still meets/exceeds my needs. So, a loader was a good investment. A newer tractor would be nice, but I really don't need one, nor the limited additional bells and whistles. I added top/tilt to mine, and an aooga horn. The kids love it.