Mowing Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #1  

Hamjack

Hi. My first post is a request for info.

I just went out to mount the mower deck on my BX 22. I've done it since I bought it in 2002 without much trouble, but this time I just can't get the rear links to drop so I can hitch the arms to the links.

I turn on the motor push the hydraulics level forward but the rear links won't drop. I've tried it motor on or off and they just won't budge.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Jack

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #2  
Is your black knob near the rear of the floor set at the top? If so set it to zero. Welcome.

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22
Is your black knob near the rear of the floor set at the top? If so set it to zero. Welcome.

Thanks, but it is/was set at zero. I wondered if that knob could be stripped?

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #4  
If you look under the tractor where the knob attaches to you'll be able to see the steps on the adjuster. See if they're moving with the knob. Also check to see that the linkage isn't binding on it's way to the rear lift arm.

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #5  
Mine occasionally do that. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing there's a bubble, vapor lock, or blockage of some kind in the hydraulics lines. Put the knob at zero, open the valve, put the lever down, and then stand on the lift arms of the three point hitch. It and the MMM lift arms are coupled. Your weight should be enough to make the 3ph go down, and the MMM lift arms should go down simultaneously. Let us know whether that works or not.

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #6  
On my 24, it has a knob to slow how fast implements drop. If I turn it all the way to the right it stops the implements from dropping. Does the 22 have that?

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22
Mine occasionally do that. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing there's a bubble, vapor lock, or blockage of some kind in the hydraulics lines. Put the knob at zero, open the valve, put the lever down, and then stand on the lift arms of the three point hitch. It and the MMM lift arms are coupled. Your weight should be enough to make the 3ph go down, and the MMM lift arms should go down simultaneously. Let us know whether that works or not.

I have the backhoe on.

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #8  
Is the 3pt blocked from coming down with the bh on?

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #9  
I have the backhoe on.

Hmmm, I always have my Woods backhoe off before I put the MMM on the BX2200, so I don't know whether you can get to the actual lift arms on your BX22 or not. I don't mean the arms of the 3ph, but the smaller lift arms that you connect the 3ph onto when you put it back on. You might see whether you can get to these and step on them. If the bh is obstructing them, you might crawl under the tractor and try to pull straight down on the ends of the MMM lift arms. Make sure that you pull straight down at the very end to get full leverage. If worst comes to worst, you might have to take the bh off. Having a paved pad and a dolly makes this far easier. It's possible there's a bubble/vacuum lock somewhere in the hydraulic lines and getting to and forcing down those rear lift arms should solve this. Keep us updated.

/ Trouble mounting mower deck on BX 22 #10  
Hi Jack,

Make sure the drop rate control knob is all the way open (and the deck height knob), set the lever to the down position. And with the engine off, raise the seat and push the 3PH arms down. With the drop rate valve open all the way they should go down easily. If the rear 3PH lift arms are down and the deck lift arms are not, take a look to see what the deck arms are hanging up on and give'm a tug or two (don't get hit in the head with them when they come loose).

If the 3PH lift arms are not going down when you push on them, drop the BH to trouble shoot the 3PH lift arms..

I know for a fact that the 3PH arms will operate with the BH mounted, so the BH is not your problem. This is assuming the BH hydraulic hoses are out of the way..

Jeff