RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!!

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Cant believe it .Was working on a stump ,no indication of any thing going on,and all of a sudden it was just hanging there like a broken toe nail.:(:(Ijust turned 700 hours on the tractor,never noticed any cracks or nothing.
Iam really surprised it had a hollow pipe in the rear of it,instead of a solid shaft.POOR WORKMANSHIP IN MY OPINION.No way ,will i replace it with another KUBOTA beer can bucket,i will rework this one and put a solid 1and a half inch shaft inside this tube ,heat reshape and reenforce this thing ,so it never happens again.
Ive heard of guys wrecking buckets on EXCUVATORS ,but on a BX? Gotta say im really disappointed. Ahoe bucket should not do this.Warrentys long gone.sorry for the rant,check your buckets for stress cracks,hopefully youll catch it in time.
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_2103 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_2103 (1016 x 677).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 100_2104 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_2104 (1016 x 677).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 1,536
  • 100_2106 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_2106 (1016 x 677).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,242
   / RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #2  
wow, never seen a bucket torn open like that I assumed that was a solid piece also

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #3  
WOW:eek:

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #4  
The rust indicates it was already broke, the stump just finished her off. I agree, rework it and keep using it.

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #5  
Holy crap!!:eek: Now I need to go look at mine!!! Have you done alot of work in heavy rocks??

Deano

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #6  
Looks like we're all headin out to the barn to take a peek at ours...Sorry to hear bout that Alan.

Don

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!!
Holy crap!!:eek: Now I need to go look at mine!!! Have you done alot of work in heavy rocks??

Deano

yes,AINT that what its for?
I agree,the rust around the tube shows it was ready to fail.Iprobably started it last year.Good idea for all you folks to check yours in that spot.If id of caught it ,i could of just welded it.Now its magor refab time.Gonna take me some time ,all i got is evenings after work.I measured the inside of the tube 1.5,ill try to get a shaft this week.My plan is to cut open the tube on sides of the bucket slide the shaft in,working and bending with my rosebud ,and come along .Once i got it all the way in ill weld it solid with some 7018 rod.Ill weld up the rips and put some reenforcement on the inside.Istill cant get over it.Adarned hollow tube:confused::confused:
ALAN

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #8  
That metal is looking kind of this. I think the rust devil got it. Just rebuild it or get another one.

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #9  
I can't really tell from the picture but did the break start on a weld?:D

/ RIPPED MY HOE BUCKET OPEN LIKE A BEER CAN TAB!! #10  
I recommend drilling a hole about 3/8 in diameter at the end of the cracks and welding them shut after bending back into place.