Tipped my little B7610 over

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #1  

tciller

Sunday I tipped over my b7610. It wound up on it's left side. I wound up in the ER. major large bruise on right leg and severely bruised pride. I lost some hydraulic fluid so I called the dealer today to find out how much the new stuff costs. I then mentioned that I tipped it on it's side. The dealer then said I needed to drain and replace all the fluid. Do I really need to do that or can I just top it off? All the other fluids seem fine.

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #2  
Glad you are still with us.

Did you stick your leg out or did something come in on it?

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #3  
Sorry you fall down go "BOOM"

For the life of me, I can't imaging a reason to drain the hydraulic fluid but maybe he know something I don't

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #4  
It's good to hear you are OK. :D

On the fluid change I do not understand why it should all be drained and replaced??:eek:

Maybe ask the Dealer for specific reasons?:D

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #5  
Hope there is no permanent damage to you!!
Give us some more detail please on you and your tractor.
I do not understand the dealer either. I would ask the dealer to eplain why.

Deano

/ Tipped my little B7610 over
It was late in the day and I was getting tired and figured I had one more "chore". I got lazy and had the bucket loaded and too high as I tried to move a little bit more. The tractor tipped to the left and a tree wound up across the drivers position. I was not belted in and I'm not sure if I was thrown clear or if I jumped clear but my right leg was momentarily pinned which resulted in my injury. Once everything was done I picked myself up and called for my wife because I didn't know how bad my knee was. I managed to walk from the tractor to my deck (about 200 feet) and when I sat down on the deck and looked at my leg. I don't know if it was the pain or shock but I wasn't feeling right so my wife called 911 and my neighbor. He came with my tractor's big brother to right my tractor as I was hauled off to the ER. My neighbor had to cut down the tree to get my 7610 back on all four tires. The ER doctor and staff were amazed that there were no broken bones according to the xrays. Got a script for pain and headed for home. Here is a picture of my leg 24 hours later Tony R Diller's Photos | Facebook

The bruising has gotten more widespread since then and since I don't want to take the meds during the day (They make me sleep) I've been taking ibuprofin during the day and the neds at night before bed. I don't think there is any soft tissue or ligament damage but the ER doc said that I would have to wait and see in a couple of days when the swelling goes down.

Edited to add the little engine that could has no visible damage.

Glad you are still with us.

Did you stick your leg out or did something come in on it?

/ Tipped my little B7610 over
I was about to dump the bucket and had it high with tractor pointed downhill. I tried to move forward just a bit before dumping but the right front hit a bump or rock and things went over from there. I don't have a ballast box or anything hooked to the rear.
It was just stupid, I was tired and not paying attention and trying to get this last task done for the day.

Glad you are ok! How did it happen? Do you have a ballast box on the back?

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #9  
I don't have a ballast box or anything hooked to the rear.

You really NEED to have some weight on the rear of your machine to ballast it for two major reasons:
-Having a loaded bucket with no counter-balance puts A LOT of stress on the front axle and can cause costly damage.
-It makes the machine more stable and can help prevent what happened to you.

Glad you made it out alive...Please get or make yourself a weight for the rear before doing anymore serious FEL work, your owners manual should list the proper weights needed for ballast.

/ Tipped my little B7610 over #10  
I'm glad to hear you don't have any serious injuries. You were very lucky. I have a ballast box on my B7610 that the dealer threw in as part of the deal and I have it filled with tubes of sand. I had a similar situation where the right side tires sunk in some soft mud and the FEL was empty, but the weight of the machine started leaning that way and scared the s**t out of me. I had to get my pick-up and a chain and pull it out.
I don't see why you would have to drain all the fluids, it's not like your anti-freeze mixed with your oil.