Mowing Kubota/farm King finish mower problem

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #1  

redvetteharley

Tractor
B7800 Kubota
I have a B7800 tractor. I also have a 72" Farm King finish mower. when I hook the mower to the tractor the 3 point hitch arms will not go down low enough to let the mower sit level on the 4 wheels. Do I need a different bracket on the mower? Has anyone else run into this? Thanks

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem
I am not sure. when you hook up the bottom 2 arms they appear not to go down far enough to allow the front of the mower wheels to touch the ground.

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #4  
Your mowing deck is sitting on a level spot. You back your tractor up to the deck. The lift arms should be below the the bracket on the deck. You lift the arms until they make contact then attach the top link. Attach the drive shaft. Then the 3ph lifts the entire deck. What part of this isn't happening?

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #5  
On my "B" there is a lower limit adjustment below the right fender on the implement lift linkage. Perhaps that needs to be adjusted to allow the lower 3pt hitch arms to drop down a bit more. I adjust mine to control how low the rotary cutter will drop each time without position control, and sometimes have forgotten that it is set higher for that purpose.

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #6  
Do you have a knob that stops the three point handle from being pushed all the way forward (down)? Is that know as far forward as it will go?

If so..... looking at the rear of the tractor, scooch down so you are looking at the PTO output shaft. On the right side there is a threaded rod that goes through a piece on the bottom of the TPH lift arm. Loosen the nuts and thread them in or out a little....... this will adjust your range of lift up or down. I'd guess threading them in (forward) in bit to allow the arms to drop lower. Keep in mind, this will also keep them from lifting as high at the same time. I'd adjust in small incriments till you are happy.

I attached a pic of what I'm talking about.... this in on my 3030 , but yours should be very similar if not the same.

Attachments

• tractor 002.JPG
    tractor 002.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 473
   / Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #7  
before you go messing around with the adjustments. The two lower arms of the three point hitch have two sets of holes for the side links to hook up to. maybe you have them in the hole that gives you more lift height.

the way I understand it the threaded rod adjuster is to limit the upwards movement of the hitch and the proper way to adjust it per the service manual, is to bring the hitch all the way up and to ensure there is still a little vertical play in the lower arms. I believe from memory that 1/2 inch of play is what is required.

the b7800 has a 1/4 inch valve control so the handle doesn't have to be all the way down he just has to hold it down until the arms are all the way down. One more thing, have someone push down on the arms as you hold the lever down because on mine they don't always go all the way down without any weight on them.

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #8  
before you go messing around with the adjustments. The two lower arms of the three point hitch have two sets of holes for the side links to hook up to. maybe you have them in the hole that gives you more lift height.

the way I understand it the threaded rod adjuster is to limit the upwards movement of the hitch and the proper way to adjust it per the service manual, is to bring the hitch all the way up and to ensure there is still a little vertical play in the lower arms. I believe from memory that 1/2 inch of play is what is required.

the b7800 has a 1/4 inch valve control so the handle doesn't have to be all the way down he just has to hold it down until the arms are all the way down. One more thing, have someone push down on the arms as you hold the lever down because on mine they don't always go all the way down without any weight on them.

I agree with jonsstihl, I would check which holes the lifting arms are in and I would make sure the arms are lowering all they way with some weight or something. I would check these first.

On my "B" there is a lower limit adjustment below the right fender on the implement lift linkage. Perhaps that needs to be adjusted to allow the lower 3pt hitch arms to drop down a bit more. I adjust mine to control how low the rotary cutter will drop each time without position control, and sometimes have forgotten that it is set higher for that purpose.

I have put of a pic of what Chuck is talking about. This is for 1/4 inching valve setup and not for position control, which is what Ductape has pictured. If it is being stopped by the limit you will feel the 3pt raise/lower handle being pulled back to the center postion. The spring with the jamb nuts is the raise position limit. The grey clamp with a set bolt oppisite the spring and jamb nuts is the lower position limit. Keep in mind that these limits are on the right lifting arm so depending on what the length of the adjustable connecting rod is that connects the lifting arm with the 3pt arm will change the raise and lower height of the 3pt arms as well.

Good luck and let us know. :)

Attachments

• 3pt small.jpg
    3pt small.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 578
   / Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #9  
Yes, that is what I was talking about, thanks for posting the picture, and more detail.

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem
010.jpg
011.jpg
Here are a few pics. As you can see with the lift all the way down my finger will still fit under the front tires. is this any help?

Last edited: