B2100 Interlock Problem?

/ B2100 Interlock Problem? #1  

Ortis

Bronze Member
On occasion, it has been difficult to get all controls in the right position to have all the safety interlocks work for starting. Today, my wife got stranded when she turned off the tractor and it would not restart. After trying a few things, I ran a wire from the + side of the battery to the solenoid - and it started. So, by battery, solenoid, and starter are fine. I checked the clutch and low/ high range safety switches and they are fine. I assume the safety switch for the PTOs is buried underneath somewhere and I will have to start taking the ractor apart to find in (them?). Anyone else had this problem? Do you know where the remaining safety interlocks are?

-Ortis

/ B2100 Interlock Problem? #2  
Ortis,

I don't know about your B2100, but the people I bought some of my 3pt implements off of had a similar problem. It actually happened when were trying to load the implements on my trailer. I found the pto switch and it was loose. It was located on the left side (as you sit on the tractor) and I believe kinda just above the axle. If you follow the linkage from the pto handle you should be able to find it. It was hard to reach but I was able to get to it without taking anything apart. I tightened it temporarily with my leatherman and it was good to go. This was on a B2400 I believe.

Good Luck.:)

/ B2100 Interlock Problem?
JBrier - Thanks. I had to remove the cover below the seat that has the hydraulic fluid dipstick poking through it, and then I quickly found the interlock. For others' information, the interlock switches on the Kubota are fairly robust, having threaded sections about an inch in diameter, However, they slide into brackets where it is difficult to tighten the nuts. I could not get a wrench on it, so I applied some loc-tite and turned the nut using a punch and a hammer. - good for another 100K hours!