Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question???

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #1  

Dongerosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
7510 bota...RTV 900
a little background...it's 1 1/2 years old and has 88 hours. it was serviced by Kubota for the 50 hour stuff in January 09. It was in for a vibration noise issue...that they could not tell me what caused it...the fix was removing the front drive shaft and lubing it?

The new issue is...I'm starting to have hard spots when turning...it hard to discribe. but lets say your mowing the grass and want to turn, you start to turn 1/4 turn the wheel it is normal effort, as your turning it more it get hard for a split second then goes normal again. this can happen as many as 2 -4 times in a turn. It happen in to and out of the turn. :mad: It's does not seem to be a mechanical problem because...I also noticed slight jerky lifting in my FEL operation during lifting the bucket at start up idle condition.:confused: that is the current issue....has anyone had this problem?

Next, the hydro on this tractor does not seem to be smooth. give it a little pedal starts to move, add a little more and it jerk forward...not a good situation for precision moves. gets better with more rpm's. :confused:

Last, driving under a no load condition (just moving form one location to another at mid rpm ranger) then you start up a slight incline, the tractor hydro seems to like shift...it loads the motor increase in speed a bit. Is this normal behavior/operation on the 7510 hydro?

just a note...have owned a BX1800 for 5 years and G6200 6 years, both with hydro's and they did not do this as I remember.

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #2  
a little background...it's 1 1/2 years old and has 88 hours. it was serviced by Kubota for the 50 hour stuff in January 09. It was in for a vibration noise issue...that they could not tell me what caused it...the fix was removing the front drive shaft and lubing it?

The new issue is...I'm starting to have hard spots when turning...it hard to discribe. but lets say your mowing the grass and want to turn, you start to turn 1/4 turn the wheel it is normal effort, as your turning it more it get hard for a split second then goes normal again. this can happen as many as 2 -4 times in a turn. It happen in to and out of the turn. :mad: It's does not seem to be a mechanical problem because...I also noticed slight jerky lifting in my FEL operation during lifting the bucket at start up idle condition.:confused: that is the current issue....has anyone had this problem?

Next, the hydro on this tractor does not seem to be smooth. give it a little pedal starts to move, add a little more and it jerk forward...not a good situation for precision moves. gets better with more rpm's. :confused:

Last, driving under a no load condition (just moving form one location to another at mid rpm ranger) then you start up a slight incline, the tractor hydro seems to like shift...it loads the motor increase in speed a bit. Is this normal behavior/operation on the 7510 hydro?

just a note...have owned a BX1800 for 5 years and G6200 6 years, both with hydro's and they did not do this as I remember.

Q, are you using it in 4WD? That's when you're prone to feeling it "lurch" while turning...Just a guess.

Don

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #3  
Did it just start this after the 50hr service? I would check my fluid levels. You may have air in the system as well. I can always tell when my IH3616 is getting low on hydro fluid when I go uphill and and my steering does what you are describing. It feels like your power steering is coming and going. It seems like low hydro fluid could be related to all your symptoms.

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #4  
Dongerosa,

It may be lack of fluid but it also sounds like you are getting some air the system especially if both the wheel and hydro are acting up.

The dealer may have left the o ring off the back side of the banjo fitting or cut one / both when retightening the fitting.

I would check it and if they are a good dealer, they will make their work right.

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #5  
Dongerosa, I had the same exact steering problem on my 2910.I ended up changing to a synthetic hydraulic fluid, and that helped quite a bit.I very seldom have a problem now.Nobody had any answers for me - I got the idea of the synthetic fluid here on TBN.I also had a 7500 that had the same jerk that you are describing.My dealer could not help me but again TBN came to the rescue.There are springs in the valve that the foot pedals actuate.They have to be shimmed just right to have a smooth operation.My dealer didn't know of the problem until I showed him a copy of a page taken from TBN.He couldn't get a smooth operation, so he just took the springs out completely.I never had another jerk.It was still smooth operating when I traded it with almost 1000 hours on it.

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #6  
Dongerosa, Keep us posted on what you find....I'm at the same Hrs and years, and no problems w/ my 7510...yet....

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question???
Some awnsers and more info.

First...Hydro level is good...right at the top on the first pull on a cold tractor. but I did notice if you try it a second time...its a bit higher...1/8 inch over the top ring on the dip stick?

bigD23...nope, was in two wheel drive and high range.

jbrier...the 50 hr service was in early january, the tractor doesn't get much time other than pushing some snow. I guess I noticed it when I first mowed the lawn. fast 180 degree turns. If you turn the wheel slow it feels good.

IKE76...do you know the link to the thread that you are refered too? or suggest some key words to search?

firefighter kubota...your 7510 HST hydro works sooth as silk? no jurking as alway stays at the same speed at the same pedal position?

I'll be talking with the dealer next week. Do want to schedule it in for a look.

Thanks for the comment...I'll post on the up date.

Bill :D

/ Kubota 7510 steering issue and hydro question??? #8  
firefighter kubota...your 7510 HST hydro works sooth as silk? no jurking as alway stays at the same speed at the same pedal position?

Thanks for the comment...I'll post on the up date.

Bill :D[/quote]

Yup, very smooth... no jerkyness... same speed.....