Mowing B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM?

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #1  

iplumb

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920
Picked up my B2920 yesterday. Getting ready to mow with the 60 MMM today. It doesn't say in the manual what RPMs the engine should be run at to get the appropriate MMM RPMs. What should it be run at? Thanks

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #2  
You're right, it doesn't say. Mine is perfectly content at 2200 rpms though. If you crank it up more, it doesn't really accomplish anything other than increased vibration and fuel consumption.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #3  
There is usually a mark on the tach for PTO speed. Not sure if the 2920 has one. If it does, this is the engine speed to run an implement such as a mower.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #4  
I'd look for a mark, but in the specs it also usually says it makes 30 Hp at X RPM.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #5  
I run mine at 2200 rpm. I believe the 540 pto mark is at 2500 rpm.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #6  
When my dealer delivered my 2920 150hrs ago he told me to run it wide open to get the tips of the blades rotating as fast as I could. He also said that it will in no way hurt to the engine to run at WOT. Wide open on mine is about 50rpms above the PTO Range. Enjoy your new tractor!

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #7  
on page 17 the manual it states "do not operate the tractor at full speed for the first 50 hours"

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #8  
on page 17 the manual it states "do not operate the tractor at full speed for the first 50 hours"

My dealer who is a 3rd generation farmer and has had a rual Kobota only dealership since the late 70's said not to worry about that.....I specifically asked him your same question. Have you asked your dealer this question. You wrote him a large check.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #9  
I mow at 1800 to 2000 RPM with my B7800 / 60 inch mid mount mower. My B7800 has always done perfect in this range. I grease the deck & sharpen my blades after 10 hours of mowing.

/ B2920 Mid mount Mower What Engine RPM? #10  
I run it at pto speed. Probably be fine lower at 2200, but I'm hoping faster will chop up the grass more for mulching purposes. No idea if this is true - seems logical, but that's not the same as testing...