BXpanded Sprayer

/ BXpanded Sprayer #1  

James Loehr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130,Case SC,Case D,John Deere 335.
Just got my sprayer from BXpanded yesterday. Assembed and mounted it last night. That went pretty good. Today I worked on Calibration and it also went very well. It seems like a very nice sprayer, I'm glad I got this one. One more way to enjoy the BX.

/ BXpanded Sprayer #2  
We wouldn't complain if you posted a few pics of it on the tractor.;)

/ BXpanded Sprayer #3  
Kind of a rudimentary question - I have almost 2 areas of lawn and have been pushing the dry pelletized fertilizer for years. I like the 3 pt sprayer idea and was wondering if lawn fertilizer be spread in a liquid form?...are their benefits outside of me riding than pushing (i.e. cheaper than buying bags of the Scotts material :D, easier for it to get into the soil and easier to attack weeds) etc - thanks.

/ BXpanded Sprayer #4  
Kind of a rudimentary question - I have almost 2 areas of lawn and have been pushing the dry pelletized fertilizer for years. I like the 3 pt sprayer idea and was wondering if lawn fertilizer be spread in a liquid form?...are their benefits outside of me riding than pushing (i.e. cheaper than buying bags of the Scotts material :D, easier for it to get into the soil and easier to attack weeds) etc - thanks.

Fertilizer and weed killer can be bought as liquid concentrate for spraying. Be careful though as a breeze can put it where you didn't want it. Grub control I have not seen as liquid. TSC has a couple liquid fertilizer choices and weed control you can buy just about anywhere in liquid (TSC, Agway, Home Depot, most gardening stores, etc.).

/ BXpanded Sprayer #5  
Fertilizer and weed killer can be bought as liquid concentrate for spraying. Be careful though as a breeze can put it where you didn't want it. Grub control I have not seen as liquid. TSC has a couple liquid fertilizer choices and weed control you can buy just about anywhere in liquid (TSC, Agway, Home Depot, most gardening stores, etc.).
It seems like all the liquid fertilizers only have Nitrogen, no phosphorus or potassium. Why is that??

/ BXpanded Sprayer #6  
I have a 25 gallon tow behind sprayer (Craftsman) with an 80" boom and a wand sprayer. I like it for several reasons...
1. I don't have to take the bagger off to use the sprayer.
2. It plugs right in to the factory tractor wires.
3. Liquid broadleaf weed control is more effective on clover and chickweed than granules. I find weed-n-feed to work on dandelions only. "Weedmaster" concentrated liquid works on dandelions, chickweed, clover, broad leaf plantain, narrow leaf plantain, and thissles. It is also very forgiving on grass. The grass always looks healthy after spraying. Spraying 1-2x per year takes care of all my weeds.
4. It allows me to spray for weeds without fertilizing. Sometimes I just want to address the weeds, and the grass is already growing fine.

I don't recommend "kills-all" or "ortho brush clear" chemicals in the tow-behind sprayer because if you spring a leak in a lawn area, it will kill the lawn for a year! This requires turning the soil and reseeding/peat moss/rolling/watering. I learned that the hard way. For killing grass around the fenceline I use a small handheld sprayer. If that springs a leak, I will notice it right away.
The Bxpanded sprayer looks nice. Videos are easily found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZWc-g-Dv8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00qW...DDA96F6CF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7
It looks like it has a fairly decent output. The only complaint I have about the Craftsman is that the pump output is a little slow. It will spray one acre per hour. Not bad, but I would get the larger sprayer if I had it to do over (40 gallon with larger pump). The Bxpanded wouldn't work for me because I don't want to take off the bagger to spray. I can see why guys like it though, it looks really nice.

Attachments

• Boxblade and sprayer.jpg
    Boxblade and sprayer.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 327
   / BXpanded Sprayer #8  
guys,
i'm thinking about getting a tank sprayer for the back of my bx 3ph. can anyone recommend a tank cleaner or rinse. initially, i'll be spraying roundup pro.
shrekbelly

/ BXpanded Sprayer #9  

The price is certainly right at $144. It wouldn't work for my application, because it doesn't have wheels. It is also limited to spot-spraying. I use mine almost exclusively for boom spraying. I guess if you wanted to put it on an atv or utility vehicle, and go spray some blackberry bushes it would work great. I think the 26 gallon size is good, and the 2.2 gpm flow rate should be about right.

Best of Luck!

/ BXpanded Sprayer #10  
guys,
i'm thinking about getting a tank sprayer for the back of my bx 3ph. can anyone recommend a tank cleaner or rinse. initially, i'll be spraying roundup pro.
shrekbelly

I just use water out of the hose to rinse the tank after each use (I don't ever water plants with it). Be sure to run clean water through the wand and boom. Chemicals left in the sprayer can corrode parts and make washers and seals fail prematurely.

Good Luck