BX Input Please

/ BX Input Please #1  

Hootie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP
Bought the 2200 on Thursday, hose on the FEL burst...OK bad hose. Dealer fixes on Friday, he is located 35 minutes from me. Use it Friday and one of the factory installed metal lines is not tight enough and starts leaking, I go to the dealer on Sat. morning when he opens, he puts some pipe thread tape on all connections I go home and use it. Late Sat. evening it starts leaking again. This time it is toward the front where the three hyd. lines are close together and held by a metal fastener to the frame. I understand a busted hose and the dealer says the factory should have had the other problem elimated at the factory now this. What is a guy to think?
All ears in Arkansas......
Hootie

/ BX Input Please
Here is where it is leaking. The line closest to the engine leaks when you raise the BB. Should this have cushion mounts? Was this a dealer installed item?

Last edited:
   / BX Input Please #3  
Hmmmmm, I can tell from the picture that the tubes are deformed. Clearly one of the tubes has been punctured or cracked. All the tubes should be replaced and the clamp not tightened to the point of deformation. The mechanic who did this was a hack. The legs on the clamp do not seat to the underlying piece--in other words a gap is allowable. The clamp should be tight as in snug but there should remain a gap in my opinion. No, that is the factory arrangement--works fine when properly installed. What a boob to have done that. J

/ BX Input Please #4  
I had my BX2200 (about 80 hrs at the time)in the shop about 1 month ago for leaking (spraying) at the same place, dealer replaced/repaired the lines and put a cushion on top of the metal lines. the question is could this be a common problem with the BX?

/ BX Input Please #5  
I have seen multiple leaks from the factory. Overtightened mostly being the culprit. They overtighten and crack the seated fittings. As far as the loader installation, that is from the dealer. Thethree lines that are tightened on the subframe are part of that. Also, under the tractor where the lines come from the hydraulic block, there should be a metal hose clamp holding the three lines together to prevent vibration. Most of these fittings mentioned don't take pipe tape as they are tapered fittings, it they put tape on tapered fittings, then it may be cracked, and should be replaced by the dealer. Seems that some guys are in too much of a hurry to get the job done, rather than doing the job right. Cushions aren't needed at the clamps if they are installed correctly. Another thing we do is take screen door tape, ya know, the adhesive on one side, and the cushion on the other, and run it along the hood, so when at idle, you don't get that rattling noise from the hood. Just something the dealers should think about when sending out a unit. Complete precheck, and make the unit right before it leaves. And the more time you take to "perfect" the unit before delivery, the happier the end user is. I'm sorry that you have had to struggle with such things.

/ BX Input Please #6  
I would have the dealer go through the hole system, then check it out at the dealer before you take it back home!

KCook