B3200 Owners Question.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
As I discussed in an earlier thread my new B3200 has a vibration issue. At idle the vibrations are slight, but as you increase throttle the vibration level increases.

The vibration can be seen and felt in the deck, steering wheel, seat, clutch pedal, hst pedal, brake pedals, and even the ROP's.

My dealers service manager and owner have both looked at the tractor. Both agree that the tractor vibrates. The service manager says that the B3200 is built just like the B7800 and because of it's 32hp, 4 cylinder engine, and the fact that the engine is not as balanced or dampered as say the Grand L, 4cy engines that the tractor will vibrate. Another words....Normal..... this maybe true, but Normal isn't the same as correct to me.

The owner has spoken with the area Kubota rep and the rep said that he is not aware of any vibration issues with the B3200. The rep is going to look at a B3200 today and is supposed to get back with my dealer.

I am wondering if any of the other B3200 owners here are having ANY sort of vibration issues with there tractors? I am not talking about violent vibrations, but enough vibration that you can clearly see the vibration in the pedals, and feel the vibration, especially above 2000 rpms?

I love the tractor and hopefully I can get my dealer to replace mine with one that doesen't vibrate.

This is my 4th Kubota tractor, and I have logged over 3000 hours on my 4 Kubota's so it's not like I am unfamiler with how a tractor is supposed to operate.

Not sure how all this will play-out, but I would advise anyone looking at a B3200 to run up the RPM's at the dealer before you bring it home... so you are aware of what you are purchasing.

Stu

/ B3200 Owners Question. #2  
I haven't noticed this issue but will run mine and check it. Like the abrupt reverse issue in the BX2350 first time Kubota owners don't know there is a problem since they have no other experience with another Kubota. I know from 8 Kubotas that it's not right but it's not a send back issue and I'm getting better adjusted to feathering it with my foot and actually not to bad now. It's that forget and let off on pedal to fast that reminds me. Also it seems to be in all the 50's and Kubota changed it in the 60's series which acknowledges there is an issue. Looks like you have enough hours with Kubotas to recognize that it's different than your others have been. Have you tried another one at a dealers to see if it has the vibration that you describe?

/ B3200 Owners Question. #3  
Hi there PSDStu,

Just took delivery of my B3200 last Thu and I am experiencing the same thing - especially in the steering wheel. In fact, after cutting grass for over an hour at PTO rpm, my hand had a tingling sensation for a while after finishing. This is not normal as you suggest. Going back to the dealer this week for some other topic but will discuss this with them. Mind you this is the first B3200 that they have prepped and sold so this is the limit of their experience with them until they get the other two they have on order for later in June / Jul. Be interesting to see if other owners are experiencing the same situation. Will keep you posted as to what the dealer comes up with.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #4  
Ran mine today for a few minutes as I told you I would to see if I noticed any unusual vibration. It idles at 1000 rpm cold and probably vibrates a bit more there than when I ran it up to the 2000 rpm. I only moved it out of my building and then after testing moved it back in but I tried all of the pedals and did not feel any "unusual" vibration. Only have about 9 hours on it. Does yours do it hot or cold? Does it do it more rolling than just sitting still?

/ B3200 Owners Question.
Thanks John and Red for your replies.

My B3200 is the only one my dealer had on his lot and the first one they have sold so this issue is new to them. The service manager was content to say that this vibration is normal....... I am not so quick to buy into that and so I have pushed the issue with them.

Because this is my 4th Kubota tractor that I have purchased from them they understand that I kinda know when I think someone is trying to blow smoke.....

The vibrations are tolerable up until you get to between 2400 and 2600 rpms at which time there is NO way you can keep your foot on the FWD HST pedal for any length of time. Becuase most of the work I do with this tractor is either mowing or bushogging being able to run comfortably at 2600 rpms for 540 at the pto is important to me.

I am not sure what I will hear from the area rep this week when I meet them, but I am going to press to see if I can get a swap unit from them and hope for the best.

Going down to a B2920 or up to a B3400 will present another new set of issues with attachments and I really like the B3200 size and especially the live PTO, which I am used to from my B7510.

Because John has not mentioned any problems with any vibration at 2400-2600 rpms I am encouraged that there are B3200's out there that will meet my expectations of Kubota quality.

There is NO WAY that this tractor could have passed a QA inspection with the vibrations I am seeing between 2400-and 2600 rpms.

I would encourage anyone looking at this model to test it at the dealer before deciding on your purchase.

Stu

/ B3200 Owners Question. #6  
Well, I hate to be a naysayer, but vibration from the 4 cylinder engine in the B sized tractors is pretty common. If the dealer has a B3030, or B7800 you might just feel the same thing. I've driven a bunch of B7800's, and fewer B3030's, but I found that more had vibration than not, though I will say that some were a bit more pronounced than others, and you probably have one of them. Some folks, (many) just accept that, and others find it objectionable. I guess it does point out that we should run what ever we are testing at pto rpm, and if possible use the 3 pt hitch to actually lift something. It is a big investment. I'm following this with interest, and my gut feeling is that if your dealer lets you swap that out for one you are happy with, you have a darned good dealer. BTW, the PTO on the B2x20 series is the same as the B3200 as far as I know.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #7  
I only have 2 hrs on my 3200. Today was really the first day I was able to use it some. I read your post and made sure to pay attention to any vibration above 2000 rpms. I have to say that I really did not notice any vibration out of the normal. I looked at the pedals on mine and they do not vibrate. I just got my 3200 after returning a 2920 which did run very smoothly. I ran mine mostly at 2200 rpm which was plenty for what I was doing today. I would suggest you go to your dealer and try another 3200. If it is smoother then ask to trade or have yours picked up for a side by side comparison with the area rep there to see it for him self. Good luck and let us know what happens.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #8  
Ran my B3200 for a few hours today and was paying close attention to vibration. Still feel no unusual vibration at 2000 rpm on mine while running it for a few hours moving rocks and knocking a tree down. It actually runs it's smoothest at 2000. I'm not saying it runs like a car and there is some slight vibration which increases some while increasing rpm's up to the 2300 at the orange mark on tach but I don't think an unusual amount from my experience. Interesting that some one stated 4 cyls vibrate more and I have always heard and experienced the more the cyls the smoother the run.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #9  
   / B3200 Owners Question. #10  
I remember reading posts a whiole back where the 3030 had vibrations also coming from the 4 cylinders....