B2920 Tight throttle

/ B2920 Tight throttle #1  

iplumb

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920
My B2920 throttle seem to be too hard to adjust. How tight should it be? Can it be adjusted? Thanks

/ B2920 Tight throttle #2  
Re: B2020 Tight throttle

They normally will wear in after a bit of use.

I'd recommend working it a bit more before adjusting. Just to work them back and forth with out the engine running twenty or thirty times often does the trick.

/ B2920 Tight throttle
Re: B2020 Tight throttle

They normally will wear in after a bit of use.

I'd recommend working it a bit more before adjusting. Just to work them back and forth with out the engine running twenty or thirty times often does the trick.
Thanks for the tip! I will try that:) It does have 5 hours on it now:D

/ B2920 Tight throttle #4  
I don't know how your tractor throttle linkage is set up, but I lubed the cable and all moving parts on my tractor and it made it a good deal easier.

Deano

/ B2920 Tight throttle #5  
I had the same problem with my B7800. I waited for two years for it to "break in" and it just didn't get any easier. I finally fixed the problem and it has been good ever since. Do a search for B7800 throttle and my post will show up and a quick description of what I did. It is not really difficult, but it is a challenge.
Good Luck

/ B2920 Tight throttle #6  
I had the same problem with my B7800. I waited for two years for it to "break in" and it just didn't get any easier. I finally fixed the problem and it has been good ever since. Do a search for B7800 throttle and my post will show up and a quick description of what I did. It is not really difficult, but it is a challenge.
Good Luck

I find your post on fixing brake light, couldn't find the throttle post. I've got the same problem with my B2710, would appreciate a pointer to your fix.

/ B2920 Tight throttle
:eek:
I find your post on fixing brake light, couldn't find the throttle post. I've got the same problem with my B2710, would appreciate a pointer to your fix.
I( have been looking also. Lots of good info but can't find the throttle post. Link please.

/ B2920 Tight throttle #8  
Sorry, I can't find it either! I guess I was thinking I had written something. I will look at my machine this week and try to recall the process. But perhaps this will help - The friction is controlled by a compression nut that is hard to get to behind the sheet metal. I remember that I had to partially dismantle the "dash board" so that the sheet metal surrounding the linkage could be gotten to. The compression nut in question is located below - near the forward pedal. It is difficult to get the wrench in there, but you don't need to move the nut very much. Good Luck.