B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size??

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #1  

Elvis

I recently had to take a rear tire off my 1976 B7100.. The rear wheels were only held on by the pin that positions the tire on the axle in the correct location for spacing.. I need to know what size the Hex Bolt is that puts the tension against the axle.. I dont like my rear wheels being loose, or simply held on by that single pin.. I looked at some metric sockets, i know its larger than 18mm.. If i could locate the books to my tractor i could probably find out in there, but good luck finding those right now..

Thanks for any help..

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #2  
22 mm seems to come to mind??? but as I no longer have the tractor there is no way to check it. :D

If you send me your email address I could forward you a PDF file that has a diagrams and parts list for the B7100. :D

Note: those do not show the size either but do give a part number.

Kubota has come out with a hub to replace the ones you have. They are much better than the style on yours.

Mine were always loose and breaking the pins. I'd tried shimming, shortening the spring and probably other methods but non were successful for me.

On mine I used to wrap duct tape around the pin so it would not fall out after breaking. I also place a bolt inboard of the hub so it would not work into the fender when the pin broke. I just used bolts to replace the broken pin as they are easily available.:D

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #3  
It takes a 21 mm socket to tighten the old style wheel hub clamps on a B7100. However I agree with Egon you should change to the new style cast clamps from the old style welded ones. The new style is much better. It cost aproximatly $300.00 to change my tractor a couple of years ago. Well worth the investment. One of my old style clamps finally broke. The the rear wheel nearly fell off. Luckily I was going slow and not on a hill side.

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size??
WOW.. Its is like night and day with the new rear hubs.. They were almost 200 dollars EACH, but the new design is SOOOO much better than the old.. The wheels don't move now (side to side) at all.. WELL WORTH the money..

Thanks for the replies..

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #5  
glad you like the new hubs. I know I sure did.:D

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #6  
Hey not knowledgable on this site or tractors, same thing going on with my tractor as happened to Elvis's, would like to know about the new style hubs, price and availability, anything would help, thanks E.T.

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #7  
I finally bought the new style rear hubs for my B7100DT from Messicks. I should get them today or tomorrow.

The part # number has changed to: H6640-17300.

I had a choice between Kubota parts for $163 ea or aftermarket for $110 ea.

I bought the aftermarket ones. Parts guy said no one had problems with them.

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #8  
I've got a 1994 B7100 with the old style hubs (pin with tensioning bolt). I do notice when the wheel is jacked up off the ground, it is a little sloppy.

If I don't replace the hubs what happens?

/ B7100 Rear Axle Hex Bolt Size?? #9  
If I don't replace the hubs what happens?

On mine the pin would break and the hub would work inward toward the fender.:D