6 foot landscape rake on a Bx?

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx? #1  

pintodeluxe

Silver Member
Tractor
Bx2230
Has anyone used a landscape rake on a Bx ? I have used a 6' blade on my Bx2230, and found it too wide. I like the Woods landscape rake with gauge wheels. They make a 5' cat0/cat1 , and a 6' cat1 rock rake.

Woods Equipment Company - 72'' Standard-Duty Landscape Rake - Model LR72

Keywords: Bx1800 Bx1830 Bx1850 Bx1860 Bx22 Bx2200 Bx2230 Bx2250 Bx2250 Bx2260 Bx23 Bx24 Bx25 Bx2660 Kubota

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx? #2  
I have a KK XB. Nice implement, but adding gage wheels made ALL the difference.

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx? #3  
I have a 5ft TSC landscape rake I think its a KK or a Country Line (i think they are made at the same place) and I wouldn't go any bigger than a 5ft. If I get a full load of dirt or debris in the rake loose traction and I am not going any where. Also if i noticed that if i catch something on the far outside edge it will actually turn the BX in that direction a bit.

Now with those few points once I got use to the rake the 5ft rake seems to fit perfectly.

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx? #4  
I have a 6' rake and have used it on a BX but as stated above when I got to much in it it will stop tractor due to lack of traction of tractor. It also was a problem when hitting the bottom of a hill as landscape rake was hitting ground heavy (rake still at a down angle)as tractor is starting to get on level ground. The BX is so close to the ground. One of those main reasons for a B or L tractor vs BX, ground clearance. If your on level ground then the low ground clearance isn't an issue but traction can be.

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx? #5  
I have a KK XB. Nice implement, but adding gage wheels made ALL the difference.

How'd you add gage wheels? Any pics? I have a 5ft landscape rake too. Would not want anything wider.

/ 6 foot landscape rake on a Bx?
I have a 5ft TSC landscape rake I think its a KK or a Country Line (i think they are made at the same place) and I wouldn't go any bigger than a 5ft. If I get a full load of dirt or debris in the rake loose traction and I am not going any where. Also if i noticed that if i catch something on the far outside edge it will actually turn the BX in that direction a bit.

Now with those few points once I got use to the rake the 5ft rake seems to fit perfectly.

That confirms my past experience with 6' implements on the Bx.
Thanks