B7610 Front Axle Leak

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #1  

Dascro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610, Cub Cadet 1450
It seems my tractor (a 3 year old B7610) is showing signs that of developing a leak on the left front axle at axle flange interface. I did a search and see that this is the typical location for a leak on the front axle of these tractors.

The "leak" is more of an oily film developing on the flange surface itself. Has anyone tried simply moving to a heavier lubricant in the axle rather than the Super UDT. And if they have, did it solve the "leak" problem"?

Thanks,
Dave

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #2  
My 4 year old B7610 has the same leak. I figure that I will eventually be pulling it apart and replacing the seals, etc. I am guessing that I should expect it with the large amount of heavy load work that I do with it.

Curtis

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #3  
It seems my tractor (a 3 year old B7610) is showing signs that of developing a leak on the left front axle at axle flange interface. I did a search and see that this is the typical location for a leak on the front axle of these tractors.

The "leak" is more of an oily film developing on the flange surface itself. Has anyone tried simply moving to a heavier lubricant in the axle rather than the Super UDT. And if they have, did it solve the "leak" problem"?

Thanks,
Dave

My BX2200 just started too, changed to 80-90W as per the manual, still leaks.:mad:

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #4  
I have not had a leak yet. I did change the front axle fluid at 100 hrs from UDT to 80/90 gear oil. My dealer said that going to gear oil is the fix. Wait till you see the crap that comes out of that axle when you drain the fluid.

Tim

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #5  
Quick question -
Is the plug with the dipstick screw in or just push in/pull out?
Trying to "unscrew" mine a bit gets nowhere, but can't easily get my hand on it to pull out.

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #6  
It is just push-in/pull-out. Turn it and pull and it will pop out.

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #7  
Not sure if the B7610 has the same hub configuration as the BX22, but I have a leaker too.. Took to the dealer and they replace the seals three times (on the same work order), and the last time they used silicone around the seal to see if it would help. Nope, it still leaks like a siv :mad:. Puddle on the floor siv..

Can you take a picture of the hub and the place it is leaking from? How about you NY Yankee Fan? Maybe we can figure out if it the same place that is leaking.

My theory, on the bx22 anyway, is it was over loaded at some point and was too much for the hub. Guessing it bent one of the parts just enough to keep the seal from seating well.. Just don't have $300 for the parts to test the theory right now.

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #8  
It is just push-in/pull-out. Turn it and pull and it will pop out.

Not on mine!
It's grab on with a wrench and haul like HECK to pull out and PUSH like the devil to put back in!

Plus it's got the FAMOUS INVISIBLE Super UDT (undetectable transmission) FLUID!!

Does the 80-90W at LEAST have some detectable color in it?

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak #9  
My dipstick fill plug was very difficult to remove also. I had to pry it up with a small pry tool while rotating it. It has a double o-ring seal to keep debris out.

I used gear oil from a company called Lubrication Engineers. It is red in color so it is easy to see. All you need is a good quality gear lube. Most of them are darker in color then the udt so it will be easier to see it.

Tim

/ B7610 Front Axle Leak
Thanks for all the replies to my original question. I think I got my answer... changing to a heavier weight oil isn't a "fix".

The leak on my B7610 isn't bad, at least not yet. Its more of a wet look around the axle flange interface. It definitely isn't dripping or making a puddle on the floor. At least not yet.

So, I guess I'll continue to use it until it gets worse and then replace the seal. I understand its not that difficult of a repair.

Thanks,
Dave