Default hi everyone!

hi folks kinda new at this game i have a b5100e 2wd tractor problem is it does not want to start now here is the way it happen running great turned off and locked her up next day starter sounded like it was spinning checked voltage at bat. 12.9 volts decided that starter must be going bad or sol. to it off to have checked another trip to town checked out fine put it back together and 2 thumps? and nothing checked voltage again 12.5 volts then someone told me check glow plugs well i'm new at a diesel so i finally figured them out and i checked resistance to the neg. on bat it showed .9 ohms everyday i tried to start it and nothing put bat on charge and still nother traced out safty switch working like it is supposed to clean terminals now if the glow plugs or not working will that cause the tractor not to start? sorry for being lenghthy on my first post will shorten it next time
    semper fi marines

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Default Re: hi everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kubotadesertrat View Post
    hi folks kinda new at this game i have a b5100e 2wd tractor problem is it does not want to start now here is the way it happen running great turned off and locked her up next day starter sounded like it was spinning checked voltage at bat. 12.9 volts decided that starter must be going bad or sol. to it off to have checked another trip to town checked out fine put it back together and 2 thumps? and nothing checked voltage again 12.5 volts then someone told me check glow plugs well i'm new at a diesel so i finally figured them out and i checked resistance to the neg. on bat it showed .9 ohms everyday i tried to start it and nothing put bat on charge and still nother traced out safty switch working like it is supposed to clean terminals now if the glow plugs or not working will that cause the tractor not to start? sorry for being lenghthy on my first post will shorten it next time
    semper fi marines
    Lots of information here, but hard to follow.

does the motor turn over?
    If so are you sure there is nothing engaged? Like the pto? When I first got my tractor it was running fine, then I shut it off, wouldn't start. After about five minutes I noticed that when I got off the tractor I had pushed the lpto lever into gear.......

nope everything is in neutral

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M59, B3030, B7100

On some of the 7100s you must have the clutch pedal depressed to start the tractor. Not sure if it is the same on a 5100. Just a thought.