B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
Every now and then you just got-ta run to the house and grab the camera for that Kodak Moment.

I was going up to my farm property to do a little hogging and thought I better snap a few pics before she gets all dirty!

The 4 foot Farm Force is far from the top of the line but it has yet to fail me every time I put it to use. It also helps that it is the right color too ;)

Attachments

• P1010362.JPG
    P1010362.JPG
    735.3 KB · Views: 3,436
  • P1010363.JPG
    P1010363.JPG
    713 KB · Views: 3,137
  • P1010364.JPG
    P1010364.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 21,109
   / B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #2  
Those photos belong in a catalog!

It sounds like you are reasonably happy with the FarmForce bush hog. What diameter of material will it handle? I'm thinking of getting one, can I ask how much you paid?

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #3  
Looks great! I just looked at one of those today! It sounds like it is a great piece of equipment. Any regrets or limitations to the Farm Force?

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog
Hi Guys,

At the time I bought the Farm Force Bush-hog TSC was handling these implements. Farm Force is made by a company called Tarter Gate.

Farm and Ranch Equipment - 4 ft. Rotary Cutter SC - By Tarter

The quality in my estimation is good - not great but good. It really comes down to the application. If I was hogging 20+ acres I would have opted for a much more stout unit (this one is ~365 lbs) but, for my application (tall grass, heavy brush etc) for an acre every now and then it is all I need. In fact when I purchased this unit I had a smaller BX22 which it seems to be a perfect size match - now that I have the B2920 I could go one step up but for what i do its works great.

I am not sure TSC even sells Tarter Gate anymore however I remember I was very happy with the $499 price I paid 2 years ago (I recall it was on special). It handles up to 1 inch material just fine.

The only weak link I can find is the clips that hold the rear wheel assembly together. If you back up into a bush the clips can be unclipped easily. Using a bolt in its place fixes this.

For less than $500 you will not find a better unit.

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #6  
I will second the Farm Force endorsement. I bought a TSC Farm Force rotary cutter about 4 years ago now, it is a 4 footer, yellow and has just one big tail wheel. I only do about 2 acres of cutting with it maybe 3 times a year. A lot of the time I am doing around trees on a slope and I end up backing it into some tight spots or really brushy spots. I think I paid somewhere in the $440 range on special.

I only have a B3030 and I don't think I want want to go much bigger than this. I know I have cut stuff up to 1 1/2". Frequently the blades kick in and it wobbles pretty good. I shut it down and restart it and it runs fine. Also, I store it in my garage half under my boat trailer on a couple dollies, any bigger and it would be harder to fit it.

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #7  
Ok im not sure if Im in the right place . But Im new so be easy on me . I just got my first tractor last week . You guessed it Kubota 2920 with fel and backhoe with thumb . Its great !!!! . Any advice you Kubota guys can give me I will be very greatful . I dont have a brush hog yet , but I will look at farm force when Im ready . Great site .

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #8  
I was at TSC Saturday and looked at a Farm Force 4' rotary cutter. The one I saw was nearly identical to the photos at the beginning of this thread except there was no discharge opening anywhere. The front opening was covered by the same solid rubber flap but all other sides were solid steel.

What was I looking at? some kind of "mulching" bush hog? Wouldn't it just load up and bog down?

Price tag: $729. A far cry from the $400's you folks were paying several years ago.

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog
No discharge sounds pretty strange to me :confused: - sounds like someone skipped a step in the manufacturing process :p

With the price of steel and gas I am not shocked at the $$$ - however I just bought mine 3 years ago for $499.

I hear TSC does a summer sale in July (which is the month I bought mine - so you may want to wait.

/ B2920 and Farm Force Bush Hog #10  
Nice photos. What also is nice is the barn that is usually in the background of your photos! How about a few specifics...dimensions, pole or block foundation, siding? Are those Hattaras Certainteed shingles?
TP