New BX25 engine RPM guidelines?

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #1  

Dpm708

Tractor
BX25
My thinking is enough rpm's to get the job done, but would anyone have any opinions as to what would be acceptable? FEL operation or BH operation? Machine has not reached 50 hrs yet either, so I know I must take it easy for awhile longer. First diesel I've owned too. No info in Operators Manual.Thanks.

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #2  
My thinking is enough rpm's to get the job done, but would anyone have any opinions as to what would be acceptable? FEL operation or BH operation? Machine has not reached 50 hrs yet either, so I know I must take it easy for awhile longer. First diesel I've owned too. No info in Operators Manual.Thanks.

I read a post here a while back. Seems to me 1500rpms was optimal to minimize bucket jerking. At 1500, I find it works well, unless you hog the loader. Then, pump it up a few R's to get the power you need. For mowing, it's all out full rpm's. I worked on engines for years as a kid, and my philosophy is run it open to avoid carbon build-up... it won't hurt it. On the same note, if you run the machine for hours on end at 1500, I'd suggest cranking it wide open for a while every so often to clean it out.

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #3  

===========================================================
That is very, very strange that there is no mention of a break in period
That engine or for that matter any engine has a break in period and you should not exceed the recommended rpm for that operation. The tractors tachometer and the break in period should be your guide for operation.

Any excess speed can and will cause you valve train damage very quickly and may not be covered.

The manuals for the mower and front end loader should list the recommended engine operating speed in the implements individual manual.

Please remember any diesel engine will deliver full power at a lower RPM than a gas engine of the same size.

The mid mount mower will require the delivering of a higher engine RPM simply due to the mid mount PTO shaft spline speed delivering more RPM to the mower deck.

The front end loader on any tractor is dependent on the main pump for system pressure and they are not designed for hard digging as the bucket and frame could be damaged and or twisted.

You simply want enough available power to properly power the implement you are using and that is the key to its operations.

In either case be it mowing or moving loose dirt if the tractor is laboring to move the load or mow while powering forward the engine rpm should be increased until the machine is moving smoothly and then left at that setting unless you are using the foot throttle to increase power.

If the engine is screaming while working you have to much power going to the job at hand.

If you are mowing high grass and driving too fast while mowing the engine and tractor will bog down and run poorly and cut poorly.

The Kubota brand three cylinder engines will offer a huge amount of useable power in lower throttle settings at lower speeds for many working situations.

The engine operating speed is always listed in the specification sheets for the tractor and engine.

lzaharis

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines?
Thank you for your insights. I have just looked at the manual again and did find only two references to engine RPM: Under Engins Spec: Rated RPM of 3200 and Low Idle RPM of 1350 to 1450. I still could not find any reference to RPM when using the Loader or Backhoe. I intend to err on the side of extreme caution for now.

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #5  
Are you sure this isn't anything in the manual about the break in period? My BX2350 mentioned it. As I recall, it said to keep the rpm's down, and vary the engine speed. I find with mine, around 2000 - 2200 rpms is about right for end loader work.

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #6  
I have been wondering the same thing for my new BX25 which I have only had for a few days.

/ New BX25 engine RPM guidelines? #7  
BX break-in is 50 hours. Avoid WOT, vary engine speed and then change fluids.

There is nothing wrong with running all WOT all the time (after break-in). After you get proficient, the tractor will seem to dig slower, esp. with the BH. The hydro pump is pretty small. Just dial in all the throttle you want and have a blast.