Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #1  

SouthernConservative

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310 4X4 HST w/LA 681 FEL
I plan to add a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL in order to run a grapple I am building. I have read, studied, and reviewed most of the grapple posts along with the 3rd function posts - however I still would like to know if other L4310 owners have attempted this - without going to the dealer.

Any help - advice would be great - I have contacted guru Kennyd and read most of 3RRL's post - I just want to hear from other orange owners.

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #2  
I had one installed prior to delivery on my 3940. I like it but the WR Long kit seems more popular aftermarket. The only thing I don't like is the Hydraulic Box that ends up sticking out of the side of the tractor.

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #3  
I replied to your PM...You can answer questions here if you want.

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #4  
I have that same tractor and loader but had a NH dealer install a Fasse 3rd funtion unit for a W.R. Long grapple. The control is a button on the joy-stick.

The dealer said it was time-consuming to install and route hoses.

The combination works fine though. I also had them weld ATI quick-tach plates on our bucket and pallet forks (grapple was ordered that way).

The lower cost choice is to use a rear remote and run a hose up the loader arm. In hind-sight, that would be just a little less effective than the Fasse.

Good luck

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL
Kenny

In reading more..I read that you had recommended and have on your JD a SOLENOID OPERATED DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE .. I think that this would allow me to use the grapple with a switch mounted on the loader knob..and a possible port for a TNT when I can afford it? Correct?

Also I have seen a bolt on weather proof switch for the loader control knob..have you seen this? I can not find the picture on TBN after much searching..

Thanks

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #6  
Kenny

In reading more..I read that you had recommended and have on your JD a SOLENOID OPERATED DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE .. I think that this would allow me to use the grapple with a switch mounted on the loader knob..and a possible port for a TNT when I can afford it? Correct?

Also I have seen a bolt on weather proof switch for the loader control knob..have you seen this? I can not find the picture on TBN after much searching..

Thanks

The JD's are harder to plumb the "3rd function" solenoid valve to because of where the PB lines are located, so I usually recommend the "diverter" valve to JD owners.

Since the Kub's have the FEL valve up on the mast, and the lines are right there-then I thinks it's better to have the 3rd function solenoid valve like the WR Long or the one 3RRL used...

I am not sure what switch your talking about-can you describe it in more detail?

/ Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL
Kenny,

I have decided to go with the WR Long Kit - My local dealer will get it for $571 - the same price Nelson emailed me - I am pleased with the WR Long folks in my first contact with them and it comes with the "thumb" switch for the loader knob.

Also the dealer (small town folks) will install it for $75.00 plus any extra fuild I will need. I should have it done next week...as for the grapple - I found this on CL and bought it for $160.00 it has 8 cylinders and enough 1/2 in and 3/8 in steel to create my grapple - take a look.

Attachments

• Grapple Scrap.jpg
    Grapple Scrap.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 286
   / Adding a 3rd Function to a L4310 HST w/LA682 FEL #8  
Good Deal SC, Nelson is good people! and sounds like that dealer is also!