Oil & Fuel L3400 oil capacity?

/ L3400 oil capacity? #1  

swampvol

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400HST TLB
The manual says 6 quarts of motor oil, but I have yet to get more than 5 in.

Prior to draining I run the motor 'till warm, then drain the fluid for 30 minutes...still 5 quarts and its touching the top hole on the stick.

Anybody else?

/ L3400 oil capacity? #3  
The manual says 6 quarts of motor oil, but I have yet to get more than 5 in.

Prior to draining I run the motor 'till warm, then drain the fluid for 30 minutes...still 5 quarts and its touching the top hole on the stick.

Anybody else?

Does that engine have 2 drain plugs??? And are you removing them both???

/ L3400 oil capacity? #4  
Same here, and I remove both plugs and change the filter at the same time.

Some one else recently questioned why the dipstick has two holes instead of the crosshatching indicated in the manual. I've always found that a little disturbing myself, too bad the manual capacity AND dipstick don't match the tractor. So far, so good though.

/ L3400 oil capacity? #5  
I've got a similar question, but about hydraulic fluid. Book says 7.3 gallons. Maybe so, at the factory. I wonder how much really comes out at change time.

On a similar topic, has anyone found a suitable cross-reference to Kubota UDT? I'm thinking the Mobil 424 is a good substitute.

/ L3400 oil capacity? #6  
The last time I put in 6qts. the motor smoke so bad, I couldn't see where I was going, I then drain a 1 qt. back out, and that brought it right to the dot on the dipstick. Now I just put in 5qts. when I change oil, and that seam's to work good.

The manual also say's clean fuel filter every 200 hrs., and replace every 400hrs. I was changing it every 100 hrs. (replace with 2, O ring's) when I changed the oil, but didn't do it this time at 600hrs. What do you people do?