pto chipper?

/ pto chipper? #1  

la200o

Bronze Member
Hi there Kubota fans,

Every now and then I get the urge to buy a pto wood chipper so I can clean up the fairly considerable piles of brush and branches that accumulate on my property. I could also use the mulch. My tractor is an L2800. Anybody got favorites or recommendations?

Thanks,
Bill

/ pto chipper? #2  
I have a GME (Grounds Maintenance Equipment) pto chipper I bought from Iowa farm equipment. Model 624. It has a self contained hydraulic feed. I have been very pleased with it. It takes up to 6 inch branches. Grounds Maintenance Equipment's website is www.gmeidaho.net They are made in the USA. Iowa Farm Equipment's website is Iowa Farm Equipment They are very good to deal with and have very reasonable prices.

/ pto chipper? #3  
Where u at ? (approx)

Got a Jinma here if ya want to test run it.

/ pto chipper? #4  
I've borrowed a 6" Jinma chipper and have run it for at least 12 hours now on old 6" hardwood and fresh hard/soft wood. It works perfectly! It will devour an entire tree, branches leaves and all. You just have to be careful and learn your way about which limbs to remove.

I'm thinking about self importing one if I can get others to participate and fill a container. I was in China last month and have an excellent price, factory direct. I'm not an importer but spend a lot of time in China, including seeing and photographing the Jinma factory a few weeks ago.

/ pto chipper? #5  
I've been looking for similar advice for a chipper to attach to my L3430HSTC. There are several recommendations for the Wallenstein BX series here on TBN, and some videos of them working on YouTube. They look great, but I'm worried about having to manually feed them.

/ pto chipper? #6  
The power feed option is available separately on the Wallenstein chippers, and can be added later if you have the rear remotes to run it. I had some concerns too (unfounded in my case), and that was one reason I chose that brand.

/ pto chipper? #7  
A couple of years ago, I purchaced the Wallenstien BX42 chipper, to go on my BX23 tractor. I was a bit concerned that it might be too much chipper for the tractor, but soon found that it was able to chip up just about anything I fed it.

I do not have the hydraulic feed, but found that once the chipper grabs on to the limb, it pulls it in without any further effort on my part.

This chipper has a heavy flywheel, with four reversable blades. The unit is direct drive, so at 540 PTO RPM it is generating over 2000 slices a minute. The discharge chute swings 360 degrees, which makes it easy to direct the chipping where needed. I usually back my pickup up and fill it directly.

This has been a good quality, trouble free unit and I woul recommend it to anyone. Do wear ear protection...

Last edited: