Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #21  
I wonder if a replacement for the B3030 is in the works?

Kubota never stops looking for improvements. That is why they have been the industry leader in this industry for so many years.

To answer your question, I believe they will have a new design with in a couple of years as the B-3030 is not that old and normally they run 3 to 5 years for a model.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030
I wish Kubota would give us better side-by-side comparisons(pics and text) in some form...beit website or literature. Not having a local dealership with all models makes it difficult to know the differences. I'm glad I asked about the 3030 vs. the 3200 however. I never would have known that the only difference in HP was in the printed text! Bump up the RPM's...that didn't cost much to manufacture!

I may be changing my mind per my extended dealer's input....and move over to the 3030. Either way, I'm sure they both are great tractors. I've got a little more time to decide since he's on vacation for a while, so I guess we'll be running some more numbers on the 3030.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.
Jeff

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #23  
If the B3030 and the B3200 are as close in price as I imagine (and that varies by region), then I think it's worth going with the 3030.

When I bought mine, the 3030 and 7800 were within $1500. Assuming the B3200 is a few hundred more than the 7800 it replaced, then the price gap is really closing, and I think you'd really enjoy the added "Deluxe" features for not a lot more money.

I sure do, and I spent time on a rented B7800 before buying my 3030, and after running the B7800, wasn't totally convinced that I should pay for the extras. But for me, the "deluxe" features were WELL worth the extra money.

If you're looking at the backhoe, that might be the deciding factor between the 2. I've spent quite a bit of time on true TLBs, and for the projects I do, I get tired of having to go through the procedure of turning the seat, because often times, I jump back and forth in 5 minute or less intervals. I actually prefer the dual seat setup that I have on my machine.

Not to say I don't like the single seat setup on a larger machine, but those are big enough to have the walk-thru feature. When you have to basically get off the smaller machine anyway, or be a contortionist to climb into the backhoe seat from the tractor platform, I prefer to be able to jump off and hop onto another seat that simply needs to be tilted down. Just one other item to think about.

Feel free to take a look at my pics link to see how I have my B3030 outfitted. I recommend the cab-style fender mounted loader joystick as an option.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #24  
The 3 pt. hitch features on the 3030 sold me, as well as the comfort of the factory cab.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #25  
The 3 pt. hitch features on the 3030 sold me, as well as the comfort of the factory cab.

Just a note to those who don't know: Kubota doesn't have a backhoe for the B3030HSDC (cab model), but there is a Woods backhoe that will fit. There is a pic (or a link to a pic) of a B3030 with cab and backhoe somewhere in the archives of the Kubota forums.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #26  
Just a note to those who don't know: Kubota doesn't have a backhoe for the B3030HSDC (cab model), but there is a Woods backhoe that will fit. There is a pic (or a link to a pic) of a B3030 with cab and backhoe somewhere in the archives of the Kubota forums.

Putting a backhoe on a cabbed 3030 is no problem. Mine is a Woods.

Attachments

• BH 80X 001.JPG
    BH 80X 001.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 321
   / Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #27  
on the vibration thread for the B3030...
as my hands are a bit messed up from too much chainsaw work...
vibration is something i watch carefully...
so i borrowed a special tool from a testing company...
went to the kubota dealer and we tested many models...
most people do not need to bother about this but:
(the "units" are some technical vibration metric i do not understand...)
all these numbers test the vibration at the steering wheel
the L2800 was lowest vibration at the steering wheel at 2500 rpm 1.5 units
the BX25 was 2.3 units
the B3030 at 2500 rpm was 2.5 units
the B2920 was 3.3 units
the BX 2660 was 3.9 units
the B3200 was 4.0 units
my 1973 chevrolet 350 truck was 3.2... and the truck does not bother my hands

at 1000 rpm the B2920 is 16.0, the BX 25 is 8.0, the L2800 is 3.7, the B3200 is 3.4, the B3030 is 3.3
i also corresponded with kubota... but they noted they do not test for vibration... the only really vibration free tractor I have seen was an older 1950? Ford gas model

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #28  
<snip>
If you're looking at the backhoe, that might be the deciding factor between the 2. I've spent quite a bit of time on true TLBs, and for the projects I do, I get tired of having to go through the procedure of turning the seat, because often times, I jump back and forth in 5 minute or less intervals. I actually prefer the dual seat setup that I have on my machine.

Not to say I don't like the single seat setup on a larger machine, but those are big enough to have the walk-thru feature. When you have to basically get off the smaller machine anyway, or be a contortionist to climb into the backhoe seat from the tractor platform, I prefer to be able to jump off and hop onto another seat that simply needs to be tilted down. Just one other item to think about.
<snip>

My BH use requires me to:
1. Stop tractor, drop FEL
2. Unlock seat belt :)
3. Step to back tire (Turfs are wide), holding on to the ROPS
4. Step to BH platform
5. Lower the stabilizers and start digging.

Sure it would be nice to be able to swivel the seat around, but I'd need a much larger ride.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #29  
That is really interesting data you took Monheganview. Thanks for sharing that.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #30  
I wish Kubota would give us better side-by-side comparisons(pics and text) in some form...beit website or literature. Not having a local dealership with all models makes it difficult to know the differences. I'm glad I asked about the 3030 vs. the 3200 however. I never would have known that the only difference in HP was in the printed text! Bump up the RPM's...that didn't cost much to manufacture!
Jeff

Hi Jeff , while researching which Kubota to purchase , I came across this link ,
it helped me compare models side by side. Just select which models you wish to compare via the pulldown menu.
Hope this Helps

Kubota vs Kubota 2010 vs 2010 BX2360 vs BX25