Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #1  

imajeepnut

Silver Member
I've been researching this vibration issue in the B3200 series tractors, and it seems to be something worth paying attention to so far. But I was offered an opinion on the B3200 as it compares to the B3030. Some in the business seem to feel the B3030 is the best between the two. Kubota even lists the 3030 as their Premium series. It was also offered as a matter of opinion that the 3200 might be similar to the "L" series econo line of tractors......but in the "B" series. Not that a higher price is in indicator, but the B3030 is priced higher than the B3200 with the same FEL and BH. Any reason for that?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
From those owning B3030's....do you notice any difference in yours and the new 3200 line?
What are the differences between the two tractors?

"My" 3200 is being assembled, but I would like to hear from some of you before taking delivery.

Jeff

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #2  
I've never even driven wither model, but am aware of a couple of issues.

B3030 CAN have a cab with heat and a/c. B3200 can't.

B3030 is 3 cylinder (almost positive) and doesn't have vibration issues that some B3200s have.

While a B3030 will take an MMM it does NOT have floating suspension for a MMM. The B3200 DOES have a floating suspension for the MMM.

There may also be differences in whether both have top-tilt options, position control, etc. For each model, you can click on the "Build My Kubota" button and find out every option and difference that exists between them.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #3  
The B3030 and B3200 have similar 4 cylinder engines. There have been complaints of vibrations in the B3030. Seems to be a personal thing if it bothers someone.
The B3030 is a premium tractor over the B7800/B3200
The B3030 has position control on 3PH.
There are many upgrades throughout the tractor including easier to adjust 3PH adjustments.
The MMM for the B3030 is floating. You can check this out by downloading the PDF version of the brochure for each model tractor.
I purchased my B2910 in 2000. Because it had similar premium upgrades over the B2710 at the time. The B7800 came out about 2 years later.
If you have never owned a tractor before you may be happy without the premium features. I have operated a tractor since I was a kid. Would definitely miss some of those features.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #4  
I tried both tractors out while shopping. The 3030 does have some better featurs. It has a tilt steering wheel, 3pt arms with extendable ends, a much nicer stabilzer bar set up on 3pt hitch, a independant pto, I think it had position control on 3pt hitch and a nicer cruise control lever. I however found the 3200 to be more comfortable and fit me better wich works out better because it is less money. I just have to find a buyer for my 7510 so I can go ahead with the deal.
Rob

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #5  
Jeff: I was about to post a thread of "Where's IMAJEEPNUT"? I know you were ready to buy a few times and then no Jeff and no pulled trigger or pictures. The B3030 is the lesser HP Premium tractor because of Position control, extendable 3ph arms and cruise control. The B3200 now has cruise control. It's the comfort/convienence factors that cost the extra bucks but no increase in power or performance. There are a few more little pluses which others have told about. I've looked at it a few times but could never see the increased cost for the frills as being worth it to me. I had the frills on a Grand L 3240 and enjoyed/appreciated them but not enough to pay the extra when I traded for a B3200 which I've put almost as much time on in a month than I did the L in a year.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #6  
Only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is the 3030 has hydrostatic steering instead of a box/linkage.

For me, the differences in the three point hitch are what would or wouldn't sell me on the 3030. The two HP, tilt wheel, and steering setup are neither here nor there to me personally.

As was mentioned, there have been a couple of complaints in the past on the 3030 vibrating also. My jury is out on the vibration issue...... I'm guessing it is something you personally "feel", or you don't since its not a common complaint as far as I can see. One or two complaints wouldn't stop me from buying a model, when there are potentially tens of thousands out there with no complaints. Ask to try one out in the dealer's yard before you sign the paperwork?

If I were buying a new open station 3030, I'd have it set up with the cab model loader joystick from the get-go. Having the joystick at my right hip is one thing I feel Kubota got right on the new Bs.

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #7  
Only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is the 3030 has hydrostatic steering instead of a box/linkage.

The 3030 is a true power steering vs power assist.

If I were buying a new open station 3030, I'd have it set up with the cab model loader joystick from the get-go. Having the joystick at my right hip is one thing I feel Kubota got right on the new Bs.

We've been doing that for our customers that want it on the side for about 10 years now. It's been a good option!

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #8  
I didn't relize the joystick was in a different spot on the cab 3030. That was one of the reasons the 3200 felt more comfortable to me. On my 7510 I like it where it is but the 3030 felt like it was more of a reach.
Rob

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030
Hey John,

Since you frequent your "local" Kubota dealer, you probably know some of the reasons for the slowdown on my 3200... PM me when you get time and I'll run over a few things with you about my purchase. I'm loading down the truck with implements for delivery...saves me a good deal on sales tax on such a large purchase. I'm just curious about the 3200 vs. 3030 debate really.

So what are the defacto differences between the two.... Some say one thing, and someone else disagrees.

3PH differences???

Engine differences???

Convenience features/differences??? (other than cab)

Overall size???

Other issues.....i.e. Vibration

I don't have a dealer nearby with both tractors....much less one or the other. So I'm leaning on this thread for a bit.....

Thanks all,

Jeff

/ Which tractor is top of the "B" series line... B3200 or B3030 #10  
I can add a little bit (own a B3030, considered a B7800, and have looked at the B3200) --

3PH on my B3030 has extendible lower links, lower stabilizer bars that can be quickly adjusted and held with pins to desired width, and built-in, reversible, ratcheting tilt adjustment (no extra tools required).

3PH on the B3200 (from memory) does not have extendible links or the pin-type lower stabilizer bars. Don't recall for sure how tilt is adjusted, but I think you had to grab a tool to do it.

Bottom line for 3PH is that the deluxe version should make it easier to attach implements. That being said, I'm in the process of purchasing a Pat's Easy Change System for my B3030.

The steering system differences were really stressed by the salesguy the last time I visited my local dealership. He claims the B3030 steering system is significantly better than the B3200 system. e.g. "Beefier", etc... I haven't personally driven a B3200 so I can't comment on the practical differences between the two, but he sure thought it was a selling point in favor of the B3030.

Re: MMM. I have the 72" MMM (RC72-30B) for my B3030. ronjhall is correct that Kubota literature calls it a "floating" deck. But just to clarify -- it is a ground engaging deck. It is not a suspended deck. Looks like B3200 MMM's are also ground-engaging.

I like the position control on my B3030. It's one of the reasons I picked it over the B7800 (quarter-inching valve) when I bought.

The other "deluxe" features are nice, too, although I could live without them if I had to.