L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I was just curious as to what the actual HP and displacment is on this tractor.

I was servicing mine today and noticed the emissions sticker on the valve cover.

It says 1.7L and 27.4Kw.

27.4Kw = 36.7HP. (27,400/746)

The website says 1826cc (which should be 1.8L) and 35.7HP(26.6KW).

So I was wonder wether the website is wrong or the sticker:confused:

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #2  
Kubota engines are used on many different applications and the stickers on the engines reflect the gross horsepower for those applications rather then the net engine horsepower.

From one place to another manufacturers often round up on the numbers.

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #3  
The brochure I got with mine says 34.7HP and 101ci (1647cc)

Pretty funny. I guess we'll never know for sure. I can say it has plenty of power though. :)

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement??????
The brochure I got with mine says 34.7HP and 101ci (1647cc)

Pretty funny. I guess we'll never know for sure. I can say it has plenty of power though. :)

Maybe they changed the engine to a few more cc on the newer models to still meet the HP at the current emissions regulations cause the website definatally says 1826cc. Mine is either a 2005 of 2006.

But it is mainly the HP that I find baffeling. Have you popped your hood to see what the sticker on your engine says??

Kubota engines are used on many different applications and the stickers on the engines reflect the gross horsepower for those applications rather then the net engine horsepower.

From one place to another manufacturers often round up on the numbers.

The kubota website lists net and gross HP.

They list the gross at 35.7, which is why i found it odd that my sticker says otherwise.

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #6  
Maybe they changed the engine to a few more cc on the newer models to still meet the HP at the current emissions regulations cause the website definatally says 1826cc. Mine is either a 2005 of 2006.

But it is mainly the HP that I find baffeling. Have you popped your hood to see what the sticker on your engine says??

Mine is a 2005. I just looked at the sticker. It is 1.7L displacement and 27.4KW. Which is about 37HP. MAybe they rate HP at PTO speed on the tractors. I have no idea.

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #7  

They did increase displacement when they introduced the L3400-1 models (2008). These meet the newer emissions standards and have the "Extra Power" decal below the L3400 sticker. The rated HP also increased slightly. The difference between what Kubota quotes and what is stamped on the engine must be due to the RPM at which they are rated, at least that is the only thing I could come up with...

Mine is a 2005. I just looked at the sticker. It is 1.7L displacement and 27.4KW. Which is about 37HP. MAybe they rate HP at PTO speed on the tractors. I have no idea.

It's good to see that mine isn't the only one. At least our tractors aren't over-rated:D

They did increase displacement when they introduced the L3400-1 models (2008). These meet the newer emissions standards and have the "Extra Power" decal below the L3400 sticker. The rated HP also increased slightly. The difference between what Kubota quotes and what is stamped on the engine must be due to the RPM at which they are rated, at least that is the only thing I could come up with...

I did not know that. I guess ya do learn something new everyday. But with the increased displacement and "extra power" did they actually increase the HP spec, cause the web says 35.7, but if that is only for the 2008 and newer models, then what is the actual spec of the older models with the 1.7L engine.

/ L3400 engine HP and displacement?????? #10  
I think I have an old brochure around here that has the old HP rating. I'll see if I can find it.