Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    LD1
    LD1 is online now
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,713
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    I was just curious as to what the actual HP and displacment is on this tractor.

    I was servicing mine today and noticed the emissions sticker on the valve cover.

    It says 1.7L and 27.4Kw.

    27.4Kw = 36.7HP. (27,400/746)

    The website says 1826cc (which should be 1.8L) and 35.7HP(26.6KW).

    So I was wonder wether the website is wrong or the sticker
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  2. #2
    art
    art is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    6,130
    Location
    central New York
    Tractor
    all makes and models

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    kubota engines are used on many different applications and the stickers on the engines reflect the gross horsepower for those applications rather then the net engine horsepower.

    From one place to another manufacturers often round up on the numbers.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member ccsial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,530
    Location
    NorthWest Illinois
    Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    The brochure I got with mine says 34.7HP and 101ci (1647cc)

    Pretty funny. I guess we'll never know for sure. I can say it has plenty of power though.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

  4. #4
    LD1
    LD1 is online now
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,713
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by ccsial View Post
    The brochure I got with mine says 34.7HP and 101ci (1647cc)

    Pretty funny. I guess we'll never know for sure. I can say it has plenty of power though.

    Maybe they changed the engine to a few more cc on the newer models to still meet the HP at the current emissions regulations cause the website definatally says 1826cc. Mine is either a 2005 of 2006.

    But it is mainly the HP that I find baffeling. Have you popped your hood to see what the sticker on your engine says??
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  5. #5
    LD1
    LD1 is online now
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,713
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    kubota engines are used on many different applications and the stickers on the engines reflect the gross horsepower for those applications rather then the net engine horsepower.

    From one place to another manufacturers often round up on the numbers.
    The kubota website lists net and gross HP.

    They list the gross at 35.7, which is why i found it odd that my sticker says otherwise.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  6. #6
    Veteran Member ccsial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,530
    Location
    NorthWest Illinois
    Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    Maybe they changed the engine to a few more cc on the newer models to still meet the HP at the current emissions regulations cause the website definatally says 1826cc. Mine is either a 2005 of 2006.

    But it is mainly the HP that I find baffeling. Have you popped your hood to see what the sticker on your engine says??
    Mine is a 2005. I just looked at the sticker. It is 1.7L displacement and 27.4KW. Which is about 37HP. MAybe they rate HP at PTO speed on the tractors. I have no idea.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

  7. #7
    Bronze Member clenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    98
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 HST

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    Maybe they changed the engine to a few more cc on the newer models to still meet the HP at the current emissions regulations cause the website definatally says 1826cc. Mine is either a 2005 of 2006.

    They did increase displacement when they introduced the L3400-1 models (2008). These meet the newer emissions standards and have the "Extra Power" decal below the L3400 sticker. The rated HP also increased slightly. The difference between what kubota quotes and what is stamped on the engine must be due to the RPM at which they are rated, at least that is the only thing I could come up with...
    Kubota L3400-1 HST , LA463 QA Loader, 66" Bucket, QA Forks/Bale Spear, 6' Woods RFM, 6' Woods BB, 5' KK Disc, 5' Bush Hog RC

  8. #8
    LD1
    LD1 is online now
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,713
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by ccsial View Post
    Mine is a 2005. I just looked at the sticker. It is 1.7L displacement and 27.4KW. Which is about 37HP. MAybe they rate HP at PTO speed on the tractors. I have no idea.
    It's good to see that mine isn't the only one. At least our tractors aren't over-rated
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  9. #9
    LD1
    LD1 is online now
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,713
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    Quote Originally Posted by clenhart View Post
    They did increase displacement when they introduced the L3400-1 models (2008). These meet the newer emissions standards and have the "Extra Power" decal below the L3400 sticker. The rated HP also increased slightly. The difference between what kubota quotes and what is stamped on the engine must be due to the RPM at which they are rated, at least that is the only thing I could come up with...
    I did not know that. I guess ya do learn something new everyday. But with the increased displacement and "extra power" did they actually increase the HP spec, cause the web says 35.7, but if that is only for the 2008 and newer models, then what is the actual spec of the older models with the 1.7L engine.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  10. #10
    Bronze Member clenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    98
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 HST

    Default Re: L3400 engine HP and displacement??????

    I think I have an old brochure around here that has the old HP rating. I'll see if I can find it.
    Kubota L3400-1 HST , LA463 QA Loader, 66" Bucket, QA Forks/Bale Spear, 6' Woods RFM, 6' Woods BB, 5' KK Disc, 5' Bush Hog RC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.