Added rear hydraulics to BX2200

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #1  

jrlichina

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2200, '52 8N
Well all the parts for the rear hydraulics finally came in(took over a month) and I just finished installing them on my BX2200. The parts came to a total of about $160.00. These are the parts that are on the BX22. I installed the rear hydraulics because I made a 3-point backhoe and log splitter. I also now plan to make a small hydraulic tree spade for it as well. If anyone is interested in adding the rear hydraulics I can provide you with all of the parts numbers for the conversion.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #2  
Sure would like a list of the parts! Do you have any pictures to post for us to see? Do you have enough pump flow to run a splitter, i looked at building a splitter and the BX only has 5.5 gpm is this enough for a splitter?

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200
Here's the Kubota parts diagram.

Attachments

• 2-160539-RearHyd.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,456
And these are the parts you'll need. Although I have excluded the hose and quick couplers from the list below since you may want to use non Kubota couplers and a slightly different length of hose. Besides you can have a hose made at Napa cheaper than the Kubota hose(FYI it's 20" end to end with a 1/4" JIC fitting on one end and 1/4" NPT on the other. You may also want to get the support bars that the tubes bolt to, I just fabbed my own since I had plenty of bar and round stock in my shop. Regarding the flow for a log splitter it is Ok just a bit slower. I don't split enough wood to make it a pain.

BX22 Rear Hydraulics parts

040 K2563-37410 BLOCK HYD.OUTLET Quantity: 1
050 31351-37160 PLUG Quantity: 1
060 K2563-37490 COLLAR Quantity: 1
070 04811-00180 O RING Quantity: 1
080 04811-00110 O RING Quantity: 1
090 75538-68130 O RING Quantity: 2
100 01053-50845 BOLT Quantity: 2
110 75599-33012 WASHER SPRING Quantity: 2
140 K2591-37510 PIPE DELIVERY BH Quantity: 1
150 01311-10812 BOLT HEX-SOC-HD Quantity: 1
160 75599-33012 WASHER SPRING Quantity: 1
170 K2591-37520 PIPE RETURN Quantity: 1
180 K2561-36630 CONNECTOR Quantity: 1

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #5  
EXCELLENT post!!! Thank you very much! How about a pic of the mod after you are done???? Now, you think this could be used for a cylinder on the 3pt to adjust the top link? I'll bet it could! Just have to figger out what kind of valve and cylinder to use and how to mount.....

I just love this board..... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

My camera has been loaned out so I'm not sure when I can get some pictures out. As you can kind of see from the parts diagram the two lines are plumbed just to the sides of the upper hitch arms where they attach to the shaft. And yes you could use it for a hydraulic top link. The best place for that valve would most likely be attached to the ROPS via a quick release attaching bracket that way it could be easily removed when not in use and it's hoses would not get in the way of anything.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #7  
Yes, excellent post. Thanks for doing all this leg work for many of us. I too would be interested in seeing a photo of the installation whenever you get your camera back.One thing you can clear up for me is what are you using for a control valve - the FEL control console?

Well the backhoe has it's own set of section valves, and the log splitter has it's own as well. The loader valve is not used other than to operate the loader, it doesn't need to be connected for the rear hydraulic to operate. Just like when the loader is off you connect the high pressure "IN" line to the "Power Beyond" line. This power beyond line now gets another line "T"ed into which becomes the rear high pressure carry over "IN" line(part 140 in the diagram). This line has the hose connected to it which can then be connected to the new "RETURN" to pump line(part 170 in the diagram) which is connected to the new hydraulic block(part 040) (Note: the rear hydraulics has no "RETURN" to tank line like the loader does). The rear hydraulics are designed to operate with a standard 1 "IN" 1 "OUT" style valve. If you wish to use a valve that has power beyond capabilities you will need to plumb an additional "RETURN" to tank line for the waste port on the power beyond valve. Also, any valves connected must be "Open Center" style valves. I hope that clears things up.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #9  
Thanks for the clarification.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #10  
jrlichina,

I just picked up all the parts you listed and installed them. Took about 20 minutes to put together and the rear hydraulics worked like a champ. Thanks for all the information you provided.