5' Brush Hog & B2320?

/ 5' Brush Hog & B2320? #1  

rpraymond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10
I use my L3430 with my 5" Brush Hog but since getting a B2320 I'm wondering if it will work for light brush on the smaller tractor. The Brush Hog web site lists the specs for the 5' as tractor hp 25-35. I know I'm only at 23 hp. Any thoughts? Thanks.

/ 5' Brush Hog & B2320? #2  
...and even less HP at the PTO. Kubota recommends a 48" hog for the B2x20 series and that's what most folks have on these forums. Will it work? Probably, if you take it easy and avoid hills.

/ 5' Brush Hog & B2320? #3  
I've run a 5' cutter on a JD 955 (about 30hp CUT) and an old M-F compact tractor (side mounted type and probably about 20 hp). Your machine will probably spin the blade as long as you don't ask it to cut anything too difficult, but there will be a pretty big pucker factor when things become less than perfect. Both of those tractors had front weights and would still lift the front end off of the ground if you raised the 3ph too quickly! I would imagine that pto hp will have less to do with your final decision than your tractor's ability to counter-ballance the mower.

/ 5' Brush Hog & B2320?
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the L3430 for this one. It might work with the smaller tractor but probably not very well. Thanks again.