BX23 Alternator upgrade

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #1  

creex

Tractor
BX23
Could someone that has done the alternator upgrade check the new one for a Denso/Hitachi/Etc. number so it could be cross-referenced? I would like to do the upgrade, but with a job on hiatus, looking to save a little.

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #2  
do a search and check out escavader thread on his upgrade. He did the upgrade himself but ended up with problems due to a bad wire harness and had to be replaced. he eventually got it working.

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #3  
Could someone that has done the alternator upgrade check the new one for a Denso/Hitachi/Etc. number so it could be cross-referenced? I would like to do the upgrade, but with a job on hiatus, looking to save a little.

You cant get by with just an alternator,youll need a whole new wiring kit.The original dynamo has electrics up under the dash to un hook,and rewire ,The new alternator needs different mounting bracketts also.All this would be a real pain without the kit.
Ididnt have a bad harness,i had a defective fuse from the factory.Thats another thing the fuse on the new wiring is much larger than the original.
ALAN

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #4  
You cant get by with just an alternator,youll need a whole new wiring kit.The original dynamo has electrics up under the dash to un hook,and rewire ,The new alternator needs different mounting bracketts also.All this would be a real pain without the kit.
Ididnt have a bad harness,i had a defective fuse from the factory.Thats another thing the fuse on the new wiring is much larger than the original.
ALAN

Overall Alan, was the upgrade worth it? Asking because I'm thinking about it too...Thanks.

Don

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #5  
Why do you need more electrical power? Do the BX23's have a 40amp alternator?

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #6  
If you need more amps to add more lights on bx23- you need to upgrade the alt. it has a dynamo alternator. escavader- thanks for correcting me though- glad it was a defective fuse

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #7  
Isn't the whole kit about $200 through Kubota Whole Goods(your salesman)?Seems like an easier way to get it right the first time!

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #9  
Overall Alan, was the upgrade worth it? Asking because I'm thinking about it too...Thanks.

Don

ABSOLUTELY!! I never worry about what im running any more.Ihave the heater on high,two forward floods .two rear floods ,revolving light on top,circulating fan,cell phone charging and sone a sound system
ALAN

/ BX23 Alternator upgrade #10  
Isn't the whole kit about $200 through Kubota Whole Goods(your salesman)?Seems like an easier way to get it right the first time!

Yes ,you are correct.You can buy a replacement ,to replace the one in your kit,but its more than the kit itself