Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one?

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #11  
Looking on the Attachments forum, I just noticed that on the top of each page, Ratchet Rack in now an approved advertiser on TBN.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #12  
Well did you call the phone number then??

Didn't mean to get your dander up. But just 'cuz none of us here have used it wouldn't stop me from trying it out. Heck, I like being the first kid on the block with a new gizzie...

I'm mulling it over...

Pat
I don't have a problem with being first on the block to try something. That's not my point. Trying it out is not the issue with me. Knowing someone has a internet domain and has registered it means very little. Do you know what the requirements are to have the most beautiful registered website with a name and origination date? A few dollars and a couple of hours. Knowing an actual physical location of a company means something to me and knowing someone that I know or others know mean something to me. My point is the company and product aren't known by anyone on this tractor board even people in PA. Anyone in Carlisle know this company? Calling a scam phone number and some one saying Ratchet Works Inc when they answer proves what? Advertising on this forum requires what? This thing looks great to me! I want one! Would one of you trusting souls please, please, please buy one and let me know if you got it and if so was it sturdy enogh to use on your land. I know there are a bunch of you guys in Pa, so can one of you go by and see if the company is more than a post office box? According to profile here it's in Carlisle so run by Carlisle and check it out. The inventor/seller isn't stepping forward to tell us. Pat and Thavil, please order one and let me know. Are you going to send cash or money order or just use a credit card? Again, I want one and I believe it will help me do stuff and I really want one of you trusting souls to get one.:) Maybe you can send me your credit card number with Name and exp date and security code on back and I'll order one and be the first and report back to you and then send you the money back.:D You can call me and give me the cc info if you don't feel comfortable posting it here on this forum for all to see. PM me to get my phone number or just PM me with the info. Did you check Ratchet rakes profile? He joined 6-11-09 and lists Carlisle, Pa as home address and inventor/builder as occupation. Very complete profile and long standing member. You guys are jerking me around aren't you?

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #13  
I think it's legit - post by vendor said Carlisle in his profile. And a Comcast email address. My bet is the operation is out of the home garage, so I can see why there is no address posted.

Was planning a trip to CJ Pony Parts (for DW's Mustang) in Harrisburg next weekend - a run by Carlisle would work just fine since I know she will be buying stuff, I would have a perfect excuse for a new toy, er tool.......:D

As far as a scam, a credit card will offer enough protection there. I mean, look at Bro-tek - the site has even less info and we know how good his stuff is and how good he is to work with. He does have an E-bay store so I guess that adds some legitimacy. :D But someone had to buy the first thumb/skid plate/ripper.....

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #14  
I think it's legit - post by vendor said Carlisle in his profile. And a Comcast email address. My bet is the operation is out of the home garage, so I can see why there is no address posted.

Was planning a trip to CJ Pony Parts (for DW's Mustang) in Harrisburg next weekend - a run by Carlisle would work just fine since I know she will be buying stuff, I would have a perfect excuse for a new toy, er tool.......:D

Is Carlisle small enough to just drive around and find it? Hopefully you will find us an answer since Ratchet Rake isn't stepping forward.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #15  
Is Carlisle small enough to just drive around and find it? Hopefully you will find us an answer since Ratchet Rake isn't stepping forward.

Actually Carlise is fairly small :D - but doubt I'll find the house. I will probably call during the week - can learn a lot speaking on the phone too

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #16  
Does anyone know this JOHN_THOMAS guy well enough to have him come over to your house unannounced to see where you build your equipment? :D

Sure we have a few posts on the internet, but how do we know he is not a Chinese industrial spy trying to steal innovative farm equipment ideas to take back to the Chinese homeland to help bury the capitalist dogs of America?!:p

And why is he asking for other people's credit card numbers...what is up with that? :confused:

If you were an industrial spy, would you choose a suspicious sounding name, or would you choose something common in your target country such at JOHN and THOMAS. This is just conjecture on my part, but could it be he is trying to get others to visit the rachet rake building site because he knows that the rachet rake guy will think it odd that a chinese man has a name like John Thomas. Think about that, and I am quite sure you will conclude that JOHN_THOMAS is an industrial spy.:D

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #17  
My family (Brothers in AF) imported 2 women from North Carolina many, many years ago from the Gastonia (Wiggins family)and New Bern (Henson family) area. They bred them and produced many, many children, even a few preachers in the bunch. A couple of the preachers we kept here in Ky to meet our needs and sent one to do mission work around the Gastonia area. I'll ask them if they know anyone from North Carolina from the Bota Family and especially if they know of that wayward son that just goes by the initials of EE or is that your actual name EE?:D That is your real name isn't it? :confused: Your not hiding out under a phony name are you? :( Are you one of the hillers or flatlander Carolinians? I've heard there's a real difference.:) Now the real test as to whether you are actually from NC is "How many tomatoes do you put in your Barbecue Sauce"? Give the wrong answer and I'll never believe any opinion you ever give again.:) If you'll send me your CC info I'll order a Ratchet Rake and see what happens.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #18  
I noticed that the rake used in the demonstration was bolted on to the bucket, and not attached with straps. I don't know if that has any effect on rigidity, or usefulness, but it does look like a pretty good idea, and like a handy thing to have.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #19  
I went ahead and made the first leap at purchasing the 52" RacketRake (wife actually wanted me to order it, she has plans for me!). I'll let you guys know the outcome. If interested, once you click on the "Buy Now" button from their website, it takes you to PayPal to make the purchase. Tod

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #20  
My family (Brothers in AF) imported 2 women from North Carolina many, many years ago from the Gastonia (Wiggins family)and New Bern (Henson family) area. They bred them and produced many, many children, even a few preachers in the bunch. A couple of the preachers we kept here in Ky to meet our needs and sent one to do mission work around the Gastonia area. I'll ask them if they know anyone from North Carolina from the Bota Family and especially if they know of that wayward son that just goes by the initials of EE or is that your actual name EE?:D That is your real name isn't it? :confused: Your not hiding out under a phony name are you? :( Are you one of the hillers or flatlander Carolinians? I've heard there's a real difference.:) Now the real test as to whether you are actually from NC is "How many tomatoes do you put in your Barbecue Sauce"? Give the wrong answer and I'll never believe any opinion you ever give again.:) If you'll send me your CC info I'll order a Ratchet Rake and see what happens.

Now that is some funny stuff right there. Chinese spy or not, you're alright in my book, JT.

But I'm still not giving you my credit card number...

Pat (my actual name)