Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one?

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #21  
I just received an email from RachetRake after I made my order. The lady that sent the email said that my order would be coming from Denton, NC. Tod

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #22  
Lemme go at this from a different angle. I don't want to get involved with whether or not the manufacturer is legitimate.
Regarding how this device is used: I thought it is a big no-no to put down pressure on the front edge of your bucket when it's in the dump position. The dump cylinders have little column strength and the rods can be be easily bent. End result...$$$ cylinder repair.
Or am I wrong about this?
-Len

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/99183-neat-trick-using-loader-box.html

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #23  
Lemme go at this from a different angle. I don't want to get involved with whether or not the manufacturer is legitimate.
Regarding how this device is used: I thought it is a big no-no to put down pressure on the front edge of your bucket when it's in the dump position. The dump cylinders have little column strength and the rods can be be easily bent. End result...$$$ cylinder repair.
Or am I wrong about this?
-Len

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/99183-neat-trick-using-loader-box.html
You are probably right about this or so I've read on this site.....but... I've owned Kubotas for almost 6 years and mostly do my front end work with the lower edge of my front bucket. I dig ditches by bending the bucket all the way back and dig back and forth till I have a hole to start digging out with forward scooping. I level ground by standing front edge of bucket almost but not quite straight up and raise it high enough to have front wheels barely on the ground and take off backwards. Have never had any problem doing it but I guess one day I'll have to pay the price but I figure it's like the oil and fluid changes and expense. Never use the tractor and you never have to pay for changes. Never use the front bucket for my digging needs and never do any costly repairs. I use it and will pay for repairs if needed and so far none have been needed.
Ah Hah!! Mr. EE Bota is from North Carolina or so he claims and he's accusing me of being an industrial spy. Now we know who is actually behind the Ratchet Rake being built in their home. He let it slip that he did not want me showing up at his house unannounced which soundss to me like almost a confession!!!:) You have to watch those NC guys, some of them can be sneeky. I see he hasn't answered the NC Barbecue question, guess he's asking the born in NC residents what I'm talking about and they won't tell him. The truth is coming out about EE and we'll all know when he doesn't know the answer and can't find the answer. Locals won't tell a foreigner much of anything.:D
Chuckinnh: I noticed the bolt on in video but I think a drop down box said they are now produced using the straps or something to that effect. Really want to hear from thavil (real name Tod) when he gets his.
Is EE really Mr Botas name?
Way to go Tod! Thank you, Thank you!! Cause I want one. I'll be waiting on your evaluation when you get it.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #24  
Will do John (if that is really your name:D). Per the website, it takes 1 to 2 weeks for delivery.

Besides clearing out some old brush, the wife wants me to level some areas in her riding arena. I'm going to see how well the rake does with this project.

My plan for back dragging with the rake is to use the float position first to see how it does and go from there.

Tod

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #25  
I've been thinking about the ratchet rake since this thread started. Looks like a great idea. I sent off an inquiry from the site this morning and got a response already....and this is on a Sunday...from a Canadian customer.

Barbara Kostyak replied to me. The inventor is Brad Kostyak. Their manufacturer is in Northern Carolina. I'm assuming Brad was a guy with a great idea (not unlike some of us) and had the resources and fortitude to get his concept to market (unlike most of us). I don't think this is a multi-national corporation, just good people doing a good job selling a what seems to be a good product.

They're working out how to ship it to me in Canada. It shouldn't be any big trick (its done every day). I suggested that they contact Harry at Bxpanded since he is also in Northern Carolina and has shipping to Canada figured out. I also mentioned a potential cross-marketing idea between the two of them.

If they can get it shipped here, I'm buying one. If it get it before the rest of you, I'll let you know how I like it.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #26  
So much for swinging by Carlise next weekend - a little too far from Denton, NC

Well, thavil, you have pre-empted me - so I guess the pressure is off. Since you are "supposedly" right down the street from me does that mean I can come see the new toy in action? (Just kidding of course - video here will be just fine). Thanks for being the guinea pig

Now, JOHNTHOMAS, you sure posted a bunch of personal information in the "spy" post - if it is all real......:D I honestly worry more about that then where I use my CC on the internet. But I think your concerns are valid

ChuckinNH - good catch on the bolt-on versus the strap. I noticed it in the video, but didn't make the logic jump to the sturdiness issue - we'll see what Thavil comes up with.

-Eric (yes, it's my real name - would never chose that for myself - my real pseudonym is Rico Suave)

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #27  
Barbara from RR got back to me again (this is all in one day and on a Sunday). They can ship it to me by UPS for an extra $38 in shipping. Not bad to get it all the way up here to the frozen North.

I'll post some impressions once I use it.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #28  
Glad to see the orders rolling in. I'm sure Mr EE Bota is to since I believe he is the one making them in his home in Denton, NC. If he'll tell me where he lives I'll drive down and pick one up and eat some NC Barbecue on the way.:)
I was doing some Grad classes with VCU in Charlottesville many, many years ago and a classmate Counselor that worked at a prison in Hagerstown kept talking about Baumer. Since he was from Hagerstown I just figured it was some place I never heard of. One day I mentioned something about Baltimore and he starts talking about Baumer again Finally found out Baltimore for Kentuckians is the same place as Baumer for Marylanders.:) Went home with him one weekend and he took me to a fancy restaurant. It was in the basement of a building and when I went in the door here were all these people sitting at long wooden tables covered with rolls of brown paper and the people had wooden hammers beating the crap out of something. So, I learned how to beat, bend and suck crabs that night and the side dish was a bucket of pickles that hadn't gotten pickled yet. Great meal and sometimes still wake up almost tasting them. Before I went there I thought all of Maryland would be paved, was I surprised. Looks alot like Ky and has plenty of country.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #29  
Well, thavil, you have pre-empted me - so I guess the pressure is off. Since you are "supposedly" right down the street from me does that mean I can come see the new toy in action? (Just kidding of course - video here will be just fine). Thanks for being the guinea pig

Eric - Once I receive the rake and test it out, I'll send you a PM. I don't mind at all if you want to see it for yourself.

Barbara from RR got back to me again (this is all in one day and on a Sunday).

I also received an email from Barbara just after I made my order, below is what the email said:

Thanks for your purchase of a 52" Ratchet Rake.

We will email you the UPS Tracking Number as soon as it leaves the factory in Denton, North Carolina.

The ratchet straps, protectors, and warranty information sheet will be mailed out tomorrow by USPS Priority Mail.

I was doing some Grad classes with VCU in Charlottesville many, many years ago and a classmate Counselor that worked at a prison in Hagerstown kept talking about Baumer. Since he was from Hagerstown I just figured it was some place I never heard of. One day I mentioned something about Baltimore and he starts talking about Baumer again Finally found out Baltimore for Kentuckians is the same place as Baumer for Marylanders.:) Went home with him one weekend and he took me to a fancy restaurant. It was in the basement of a building and when I went in the door here were all these people sitting at long wooden tables covered with rolls of brown paper and the people had wooden hammers beating the crap out of something. So, I learned how to beat, bend and suck crabs that night and the side dish was a bucket of pickles that hadn't gotten pickled yet. Great meal and sometimes still wake up almost tasting them. Before I went there I thought all of Maryland would be paved, was I surprised. Looks alot like Ky and has plenty of country.

Maryland is allot like KY except for your hills. I was born in Cynthiana, KY and go back there from time to time. Personally, I'm not into the crabs but they are a big deal around here.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #30  
Who ever said the company replied to first post real quick needs to look at time line. It took 2 days and almost 4 hours. The rest of the discussion did not run much longer. For his sake, I would hope he is busy enough to not just sit and read any web site.

Now if you have land base phone number you can do a reverse search using anywho.com and it will give tell who's number it is and address. The you can take that address info and use most map sites (I used mapquest.com) on the Internet and switch to the aerial view and see the location. Doubt you will be able to see it close enough to tell what kinds of spies they are there whether from another country or company.