Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one?

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #1  

StrangeRanger

Gold Member
Tractor
L3400 HST
Kind of low tech, but looks pretty cool. Any seen or used one of these on their tractor?
Ratchet Rake

j

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #2  
At 1rst glance the Ratchet Rake may seem low-tech, remember that many of the competing products were originally designed to be pulled by horses.

All of our customer feedback emails have been nothing but POSITIVE. We are planning on posting some of them at our website soon. Thanks for your curiosity in our "cool looking" product.

Inventor-Owner,
Bradley Kostyak
RATCHET RAKE LLC

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #3  
ratchetrake@comcast.net

I have never used one but if they wanted to send me one I would be happy to use it and give a detailed report how well it works and the pros and cons.

Maybe since they are watching the site they might want to do a raffle and or give a few away to some of us and we all can report back. Nothing sells better the a referral

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #4  
I've had a Kubota tractor for almost 6 years starting with a BX2200. I built my home and have worked on the land for the last 6 years. This piece of equipment looks like it would have been very useful and I still have work to do. I'm almost persuaded but I want to hear from someone that owns and has used one. Also company doesn't tell where they are located. Looked every where on site for state but I couldn't find it. I want one of these!

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #5  
Surely someone out there owns one of these or at least knows someone that does. I want one of these and was getting ready to order it but now getting a bit skittish since I'll be the only person to ever buy one that anyone on this site knows about. Also inventor seller has never responded to where he's located.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #6  
Well, area code 717 is eastern PA, Harrisburg area...

And what's to be skittish about? There's no moving parts, and the price is pretty reasonable. How can you go wrong?

Now I'm tempted...

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #7  
I think this is outstanding. The clips in the video where it compares a standard toothbar to the Ratchet Rake is exactly my plight and why something like this is on my needs list. I have lots of new lawn projects, and a toothless loader, a loader with a toothbar, and a box blade are what I have available. None is ideal. It appears this is more along the lines of what I'm after.

I'm not keen on the $50 in shipping, although I understand it. But, as soon as I saw the New Holland skidsteer, I figured this had to be near me. So, hopefully I can pick one of these up in person if I get one.

Thanks for this link.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #8  
Well, area code 717 is eastern PA, Harrisburg area...

And what's to be skittish about? There's no moving parts, and the price is pretty reasonable. How can you go wrong?

Now I'm tempted...
I was hoping the inventor/seller would answer giving details of his location to determine if I could pick it up as well as find out if they are an existing and maybe even a reputable company. He responded rather quickly to the original post but hasn't answered mine. I could look the area code up of the listed phone number which proves nothing but the location of a phone number given on an internet site. What's to lose? $350 is what's to lose and never receive a product that no one else has ever received that I know or that I can contact. It never entered your mind that this may be a scam since no one else on this site has one or doesn't know any one that has one? Also, I want to talk to a customer that has bought one. I don't want to be the first person to give details of a horrible experience. Were you serious or just kidding when you asked "How can you go wrong"?:confused: It does look like a great product and I want one. Was getting ready to order but my years of experience of buying on the internet started screaming at me to wait and find out more about the company and the product. Example: Barlows in Ky sells alot on the internet and they have the customers that have bought from them all around the country telling of their positive experience with Barlows. Nothing from any one on this product or company. I even did a DOGPILE search and nothing other than it's a dental tool and the responses here on TBN.

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #9  
What's to lose? $350 is what's to lose and never receive a product that no one else has ever received that I know or that I can contact. It never entered your mind that this may be a scam since no one else on this site has one or doesn't know any one that has one? Also, I want to talk to a customer that has bought one. I don't want to be the first person to give details of a horrible experience. Were you serious or just kidding when you asked "How can you go wrong"?:confused: It does look like a great product and I want one. Was getting ready to order but my years of experience of buying on the internet started screaming at me to wait and find out more about the company and the product.

I definitely think that it's good to be cautious on the Internet, but there's nothing about this site that looks like a scam to me in anyway. But, that's just me. There are tools out there where you can look up who owns a domain, when it was registered, etc., and everything about this looks perfectly legitimate.

I'm putting one on my birthday list. Hopefully by then (October), others will have tried it out and reported back. :)

/ Ratchet Rake - ever seen/used one? #10  
Well did you call the phone number then??

Didn't mean to get your dander up. But just 'cuz none of us here have used it wouldn't stop me from trying it out. Heck, I like being the first kid on the block with a new gizzie...

I'm mulling it over...

Pat