BX2660 Idle Speed

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #1  

Fxfymn

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 HST, FEL; Kubota BX2660
BX2660 Idle Speed??

My recently delivered BX2660 has an idle speed of 1450 RPM which seems a bit fast when I turn the key off. The dealer told me that Kubota does not specify a min/max idle speed and the BXs they have sold have idle speeds ranging from 1000 to 1450.

For all you BX2660 owners out there-What does your BX2660 idle at and have you had it changed since you took delivery?

Last edited:
   / BX2660 Idle Speed #2  
Mine is around 1380. I thought it was a little high but have not changed it. I'm curious to know what others are too.

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #5  
I would have to check as I never "idle" except to bring it down and immediatelty shut it down; too much shaking at idle for me. I run it just fast enough to smooth out.

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #6  
The higher idle speeds may have more to do with tier 3 compliance then anything else, low idle engines run colder and do not burn as clean.

David Kb7uns

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #7  
Finally checked as I got a little tractor time today, looks like mine is at the low side per responses, at 1250 +/-

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #8  
Mine is about 1400 give or take a few, i too was curious when i first saw it but i looked in the kubota manual and it emphasizes a target rpm, i do not remember what that is but i do know that my rpm is normal for the 2660 so it shouldnt be anything to worry about

/ BX2660 Idle Speed #9  
My BX24 is right at 1450 since new. Seemed high to me at first is also, but nice and smooth at that rpm; the only shaking is right as it starts and when I shut it off. Since the tach is electronic, variations seen might but in the method of getting the reading rather than the true engine rpm. It is most important to pay attention to the RPM required for proper PTO speed (it's in your manual).