ever use BH without turning seat around?

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
in other words body facing forward as usual but turned around? I did so I could dig a long drainage ditch. It worked pretty good. I dropped the stabilizers and kept the seatbelt on but when I was ready to move I just raised the pads and hit the gas. I would have gone crazy getting off and on.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #2  
I have tried it without turning the seat around but I find it's just overall easier to do it correctly...How long a ditch did you dig?

Don

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #3  
My back won't take twisting around that much for that long. I would also say you are better at running a BH than I am, because I don't think I could dig that good of a ditch in that position. If I have a long ditch to dig I usually push the tractor forward with the BH so I don't have to get off. It is easy to reach the loader control on the New B's since it is right beside the seat. And since the BH is compact on my B2620 I can reach the steering wheel pretty easy also.

Good Job ! :)

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #4  
I also use have used the hoe to just push the tractor forward on long trenches. After having to major back surgeries I can't twist around like that.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #5  
I do this constantly. Unless I have to dig a hole that's going to take me >30min I can't be bothered. For quick bush pulling etc I just turn around.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #6  
I've dug a few french drain trenches over the last couple of weeks and have found just lifting the FEL and pushing the machine with the BH works best. Only problem is the brake can not be engaged to do this.
Just lift the FEL and outriggers off the ground and push. Drop the FEL and outriggers and continue the trench.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #7  
I just have a small B21 TLB but I usually move the unit by reaching down behind me and pressing the pedal.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around?
It is probably 150 yards when complete.
I figured the safety police would be all over me for this!

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #9  
Someone on TBN has rigged an additional lever in the empty slot next to HST range selector that allows him to creep his tractor (BX24 I think) front or back with the seat reversed. He put an override switch on the lever to close the seat switch circuit. It was VERY cool, but alas, beyond my meager capabilities.

Matt.

/ ever use BH without turning seat around? #10  
With my L5240 I would lift the FEL and outriggers just enough then use a piece of 1/2 pvc pipe to push the HST pedal to move as far as needed, lower the outriggers and FEL then go back to digging..:D

Last edited: