FEL Bucket Pin

/ FEL Bucket Pin #1  

BigD23

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB
While enjoying my work today with my BX23 I happened to notice the right side bucket curl/pivot pin was sticking out better than an inch from where it should be...I was able to get it back into position with some tapping on the end of it and then I got to looking at it closer and really can't see what holds it in place to begin with...I did see a drilled hole in the end of the pin like it's made for a "keeper" but didn't see how it would apply since when the pin is in place, it's flush on each end...Has anyone else had this problem and what was/is the fix...?

Don

/ FEL Bucket Pin #2  
"I did see a drilled hole in the end of the pin like it's made for a "keeper" but didn't see how it would apply since when the pin is in place, it's flush on each end...Has anyone else had this problem and what was/is the fix...?"

What does the left side look like? On my B2400 there is a bolt that goes through the pin sleeve, through the pin and then back out the other side with a nut on it.

/ FEL Bucket Pin #3  
You will probably find that a cotter pin holds the pin in place. There will be a hole drilled through one end of the housing and busing. :D

On my Kubota B7100 the cotter pins kept getting knocked off so I replaced the entire pin with a bolt with a nylon locknut on the end. This solved all my problems.:D

/ FEL Bucket Pin #4  
One of my earlier tractors had that type of bucket fastener and it was held on by a cotter pin. There should be a small hole on the arm part and one on the pin. I think the hole is tapered or to small on one end for the pin to come out so the pin only goes in from one side and then the cotter pin keeps it from falling out.

/ FEL Bucket Pin #5  
I had something similar happen. this wa on a B21 though. THeres a hole through the bucket and pin. Line these up and put a bolt (1/4" IIRC) thru it and youll be good.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 141