LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #1  

randy Wright

Tractor
Kubota Ls 4330
I blew out my front left seals. I was using my backhoe to manuver tractor. This put way to much pressure on front end! I need diagram of front wheel seals I cannot seem to find it online so far. Can any body help?

I have read that it is a job requiring snap ring pliers. More details...amount of gear fluid? costs? I will update this as I get through the job. I am removing the wheel today to see if I can identify the leak (serious one) lots of grinding noise nursing tractor back to shed.....hopefully didnt ruin more stuff!
Thanks Randy in Oviedo.:(

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram
OK so I got the diagram from tractorsmart. Haven't gone out to tractor yet.
Will take pictures and post as project develops.

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #3  
There's a Thread here with links to several others Scroll up to see it all.
Many recent L-series front axles are similar if not identical. After you read all this stuff you'll be an expert. I don't remember anybody mentioning cost - maybe because it's so variable depending on what has to be replaced.

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #4  
I have the shop manual ...is there something specific you need? I also have the parts manual, but it sounds like you have the relevant page from that already

OK so far I used the fel to lift front of tractor up and put a sturdy 10 x10 pine chunk under front axle. I removed the wheel and cleaned everything up.

I purchased a set of snap ring pliers with several tips from NAPA and some oil. Got tool all ready.

Then I decided I better come back here and read up on it again before opening it up!

Questions: Should I order seals now before opening it up?

Wheel mount seems to have play in it is that the bearing that would go first?

What all should I replace while Im there?

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #6  
OK so far I used the fel to lift front of tractor up and put a sturdy 10 x10 pine chunk under front axle. I removed the wheel and cleaned everything up.

I purchased a set of snap ring pliers with several tips from NAPA and some oil. Got tool all ready.

Then I decided I better come back here and read up on it again before opening it up!

Questions: Should I order seals now before opening it up?

Wheel mount seems to have play in it is that the bearing that would go first?

What all should I replace while Im there?

I have written about having good snap ring pliers for this kind of job. With
your tractor, I think you broke a bearing/shaft/pinon. This gave you a bit
of wobble, which explains the sudden seal leak. I think you need to open
up the axle housings and do an analysis before you buy anything. I am
about to do my JD4300 and I bought the two seals first, even though only
one is leaking. Kinda depends on how much the seals are, but replacing
both is not a bad idea. I hope your housing is OK.

I opened it up today and bearing was destroyed. very little oil left in unit.

Tractorsmart has sent me the wrong parts list diagram I see now they sent me for a different model.

I will try and load pictures. Some minor damage to spline hub shaft. Finger pointing at. I hope I can by with this. a couple of very minor knicks on lower gear.

Now can I replace this bearing seal etc. myself or should I just take the parts into the Kubota dealer and have them press the bearing in? If I can do it myself I am going to get tractor smart to send me another pdf and order up.

/ LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #8  
Now can I replace this bearing seal etc. myself or should I just take the parts into the Kubota dealer and have them press the bearing in? If I can do it myself I am going to get tractor smart to send me another pdf and order up.

Get the parts first. If you get stuck, see a pro. but I to not think it will be
difficult. With Kubota, gears are Expensive, but shafts not too bad. Bearings
can be purchased at alternatve places for about half, if imprinted with a
standard code.

Pix of the damage are always appreciated here.

This is my third try to load pictures I reduced them from size.

Worked this time

first diagram showing destroyed parts.
second cleaned up ready to take apart
3rddamage to spline hub
last two destroyed bearing and shredded parts.

Attachments

• tractor wheel bearing.jpg
    tractor wheel bearing.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 2,594
  • june 24 006.jpg
    june 24 006.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • june 24 009.jpg
    june 24 009.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 628
  • june 24 012.jpg
    june 24 012.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 2,156
  • june 24 014.jpg
    june 24 014.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 705
   / LS 4330 FRONT AXLE SEAL Need diagram #10  
......minor damage to spline hub shaft. Finger pointing at. I hope I can by with this. a couple of very minor knicks on lower gear......... can I replace this bearing seal etc. myself .....? .
I've found a couple things about Kubota parts - usually the bearings are NOT pressed in place - they fit very close but you can remove/install with light force. Kubota prices on ball bearings are usually quite low - no need to shop for generic bearings. Ronnie Bowman at Tractorsmart (Keller Brothers) is extremely thorough if he has your exact model designation. Sometimes, factory design changes require the serial number of your machine to get the right part.
The lower pinion in 4th picture has tapered-down tooth crowns - do they look like they were made that way or are they worn? How does the mating gear look? The splined shaft looks ok to use if the snap ring still seats in the groove.

Last edited: