BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #11  
I replaced my dash unit when I got my BX and the hour meter display failed shortly there after. It was a simple, painless procedure.

Personally, if mine died now, I'd bite the bullet and pay for the original replacement if I had to, and before installing it, I'd then hook it up to a 12V source for 236 hours, or whatever I remembered my approximate hour reading to be. Not only do I want to know my accurate hours, but also so that it'd be accurate to someone who buys my tractor if I ever sell it.

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #12  
So when you replace it the number goes back to 0? I thought there was a ECU (computer) that stored the hours. That might explain why the replacement is so expensive.

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #13  
I suppose it must be internal. I had 9 hours on my tractor when I replaced the gauge unit, and then my hours were at 0.

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #14  
So when you replace it the number goes back to 0? I thought there was a ECU (computer) that stored the hours.

No ECU on a BX, everything is mechanical except for the shut-off, fuel pump and that new display panel.

(So guess what fails) :eek:

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #15  
Talked to Kubota Corp. They put it on the dealer to determine if it's a mfg problem.

Talked with the dealer (feeling much better now about these guys - new service mgr.), it's definately the panel. I'll probably bring mine in and get a replacement. He'll look at it for mfg. defects.

Did you know you can price out the MSRP on the kubota site? I don't think I'll be upgrading to a bx25. Would love to have that backhoe!

Thanks

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #16  
I've owned my BX24 for over a year now and have experienced no problems... until recently.

How much over a year? IIRC the warranty is 2 years.

/ BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems #17  
The Service Manager and Kubota Corprate talked it over and covered the part. I'm very happy now as I picked up the part today and it's plugged right in. My frustration with the dealer is all gone now that they have a new service manager.

When I talked with Corporate, they haven't seen this issue. The original issue a few years ago was condensation inside the display/meters.

Thanks,

PS: for sale, BX2350 with Zero hours!! It's like new in box! ;-)