Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    '03 L3130

Default BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems

I've owned my BX24 for over a year now and have experienced no problems... until recently.

First is the hour meter. I typically don't look at the hour meter every time I start it, but last week, I wanted to check the # of hours for possible servicing and noticed the hour meter read 67287.5 hours. Yep, that's correct and it's stuck there. It never changes. Tach works fine, but not the hour meter. No big deal since I log every service on paper and can guesstimate the hours in-between, but it's annoying the crap out of me. Any suggestions besides replacement?

Second is the brakes; they just disappeared on me. One time the brakes worked and the next - nothing. Pedal moves the full travel length without resistance. Checked the mechanical linkage and it's OK. Can't see a disc/caliper setup so can anyone explain how the brake works? The manual is absolutely worthless on this subject.

I think the darn thing is possessed!!! BTW, of course it's out of warranty. Thanks for the help!!!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    x

Default Re: BX24 - Brakes & Hour Meter Problems

Sounds like your hour meter has seen better days. If it anything like the unit on the BX23, a replacement runs about $32.
    I think you will find that the brakes are located inside the transmission housing. It operates like a disc brake, but is oil wetted. There is an actuator rod and link on either side going into the rear part of the housing. Look to see if something has become disconnected.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

sorry - wish i could help, but I haven't seen those problems on mine yet. But there were reports of hour meter not being readable due to moisture issues. Have you tried contacting your dealer for warranty replacement ? As for the brakes, I dont have a clue as i havent had to deal with it yet. I don't even have the WSM yet and its time for me to get one . I am sorry - I wish i was more of a help other then rambling here.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '03 L3130

Thanks for the info. I'll stop by the dealer today to check on the meter replacement. As for the brakes, there is nothing disconnected and the actuator rod and cam lever appear to be functioning normally. It has me baffled. (very easy to do! :-) I'll talk to the dealer about it and see what he has to say. Thanks again.

My hour meter just went off the deep end yesterday. So, my three year old 2350, has approx. 106 hours (last I checked), and yesterday when I started it (always checking the meter), I had 67233.3 hours! After several attempts during yesterday's use, it still remains. So apparently my meter is bad and needs replacement. I'm sure my dealer (Oh this will be fun again after the seat goose chase), will not know anything about any meter problems in the past. Thus, I'll get the part and replace it in most cases.

Is this a simple job or several hours? I haven't looked under the dash yet. If anyone knows more about this, I'd appreciate it.

Also, tractor is always in the warm shop, I haven't done any service since the 50 hours, and it worked like a champ last week moving some log sections in the bucket.

Scott

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky4 View Post
    I wanted to check the # of hours for possible servicing and noticed the hour meter read 67287.5 hours.
    Dude, go post in the "how many hours on your Bota" thread, cause that would definitely be a record!

Isn't the hourmeter integrated with the tach on those? You could always just stash a boat hour meter on someplace. The things are basically just electric clocks.

On the brakes, check with your dealer. There is some sort of powertrain warranty that goes further than the regular one. I took my BX in for differential work at 3 years old and it was covered.

I had to have the deal replace the dashboard because of a similar issue. The issue should be covered even if you are out of warranty. Sorry, I cannot help with the brakes. Let us know how that turns out
    BX24

So far the dealer is saying I'm out of warr. 2006 with 105/106 hours. I might end up calling kubota directly. He was supose to check with the techs this morning for some other ideas (fuse, connection, etc.) never heard back, so left a message. That module is $330 for just the part. Install looks ugly as well.

Luckily my breaks are working just fine.

So...what's a new BX25 running these days. Would love a Backhoe ;-) I'm sure they will give me a quote if I bring it in for service. This thing has been rock solid until now.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Removal is with a screwdriver and it pops right out in 5 seconds then remove connector...another 5 seconds. Literally that easy!!

There was one on Ebay for $85 a couple of weeks ago...brand new!

Deano
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

I saw the linkage and the hydraulics and got scared! That sounds pretty easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast