Oil & Fuel Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #1  

RomeK2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Just sold Hinomoto E16
I've got 71 hours on it and it less than 2 months old.

I discovered an oil leak after seeing a wet spot where I parked my tractor. I can't really tell where the source is but I have pictures of the area it might be coming from. I seems to be the area behind or below the battery. I'm not sure what's there. I'm going to start looking into it.

Can anyone tell me what I should do?

Attachments

• 1-leak-source-proximity.jpg
    1-leak-source-proximity.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 2-under left floor board.jpg
    2-under left floor board.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 3-underneath-leaks everywhere.jpg
    3-underneath-leaks everywhere.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 257
   / Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #2  
You might want to start looking up under the dash where the steering gear is. One of the hoses is likely loose. I had to snug up one of the lines on my BX23 when it had a few hours onm it. Hasn't leaked since.

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #4  
hmm - looks like from steering or engine seal. It's time for a warranty call.

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25
I called the dealer and emailed the pictures I had. Since they are 200 miles away they had me look into it myself.

The salesman suspected it to be the FEL hydraulic valve having a loose nut. It has happened before by his experience.

I removed the grill and the 2 plastic cover halves below the battery to access the valve. Sure enough the leak was coming from there. I didn't have a large enough wrench so I had to go out and buy one. The local auto parts store only had a 25mm for their largest open end wrench. I had to find a 26mm. Sears didn't have a 26mm but had a 27mm so I bought it for $19. Though loose fitting, it was able to grip it and tighten as much as I wanted it to. It looks like the seal is a little blown when you compare it to the other seals (see picture). I really had to tighten it a lot in order for it not to leak. I will contact the dealer again to see if we need to replace the seal. Maybe or maybe not. I am happy that's all it was.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for all of your input. TBN is a great resource!

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 258
  • location-valve.JPG
    location-valve.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 206
   / Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #6  
Different tractor-same leak.
My BX2350 started to leak in the same place, dealer fixed it under warranty with no questions asked. I doubt the seal is even in there anymore or is warped or torn on yours.

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #7  
From the photo above, the seal looks like an O ring that blew out from pressure caused by the assembly being slightly loose or from improper assembly (pinching the O ring). Since the dealer is 200 miles away, I would send the photo to your dealer and ask him to mail a new O ring out to you with a photo copy of the workshop manual page covering the assembly and/or a parts diagram page so you can see just how it goes together in case there is something that may jump out when removing the assembly (the loose nut) for repair.

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25
From the photo above, the seal looks like an O ring that blew out from pressure caused by the assembly being slightly loose or from improper assembly (pinching the O ring). Since the dealer is 200 miles away, I would send the photo to your dealer and ask him to mail a new O ring out to you with a photo copy of the workshop manual page covering the assembly and/or a parts diagram page so you can see just how it goes together in case there is something that may jump out when removing the assembly (the loose nut) for repair.

I am planning on getting a new seal from the dealer but great idea on requesting the shop manual. I didn't think of that. I am wondering how long that bolt is? Is there enough vertical clearance to get it out without having to remove that housing above it? That would be very time consuming.

/ Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25 #9  
Check the O-Ring groove carefully. Many times that blow out is caused by a flaw in the groove. Seldom will one push out as shown in your picture unless the fitting gets really loose or the groove is bad.