Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Just sold Hinomoto E16

Default Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25

I've got 71 hours on it and it less than 2 months old.

I discovered an oil leak after seeing a wet spot where I parked my tractor. I can't really tell where the source is but I have pictures of the area it might be coming from. I seems to be the area behind or below the battery. I'm not sure what's there. I'm going to start looking into it.

Can anyone tell me what I should do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1-leak-source-proximity-jpg   -2-under-left-floor-board   -3-underneath-leaks-everywhere-jpg  
    RomeK2
    BX25, FEL, Backhoe, Box Blade, Rake

Silver Member
    Tractor
    x

Default Re: Need Help Oil Leaking on BX25

You might want to start looking up under the dash where the steering gear is. One of the hoses is likely loose. I had to snug up one of the lines on my BX23 when it had a few hours onm it. Hasn't leaked since.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

That is what the warranty is for. Have the dealer find and fix it.
    Kubota L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Stoll 4in1 bucket, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

hmm - looks like from steering or engine seal. It's time for a warranty call.

Tractor
    Just sold Hinomoto E16

I called the dealer and emailed the pictures I had. Since they are 200 miles away they had me look into it myself.

The salesman suspected it to be the FEL hydraulic valve having a loose nut. It has happened before by his experience.

I removed the grill and the 2 plastic cover halves below the battery to access the valve. Sure enough the leak was coming from there. I didn't have a large enough wrench so I had to go out and buy one. The local auto parts store only had a 25mm for their largest open end wrench. I had to find a 26mm. Sears didn't have a 26mm but had a 27mm so I bought it for $19. Though loose fitting, it was able to grip it and tighten as much as I wanted it to. It looks like the seal is a little blown when you compare it to the other seals (see picture). I really had to tighten it a lot in order for it not to leak. I will contact the dealer again to see if we need to replace the seal. Maybe or maybe not. I am happy that's all it was.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for all of your input. TBN is a great resource!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -valve-jpg   -location-valve-jpg  
    RomeK2

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubot BX2350

Different tractor-same leak.
    My BX2350 started to leak in the same place, dealer fixed it under warranty with no questions asked. I doubt the seal is even in there anymore or is warped or torn on yours.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX2230

From the photo above, the seal looks like an O ring that blew out from pressure caused by the assembly being slightly loose or from improper assembly (pinching the O ring). Since the dealer is 200 miles away, I would send the photo to your dealer and ask him to mail a new O ring out to you with a photo copy of the workshop manual page covering the assembly and/or a parts diagram page so you can see just how it goes together in case there is something that may jump out when removing the assembly (the loose nut) for repair.
    Phil DeGruy

BX2230, FEL, 60" MMM, BXpanded Forks, Hooks, WR Long FTB, Homemade weight box

Tractor
    Just sold Hinomoto E16

Quote Originally Posted by TGD View Post
    From the photo above, the seal looks like an O ring that blew out from pressure caused by the assembly being slightly loose or from improper assembly (pinching the O ring). Since the dealer is 200 miles away, I would send the photo to your dealer and ask him to mail a new O ring out to you with a photo copy of the workshop manual page covering the assembly and/or a parts diagram page so you can see just how it goes together in case there is something that may jump out when removing the assembly (the loose nut) for repair.
    I am planning on getting a new seal from the dealer but great idea on requesting the shop manual. I didn't think of that. I am wondering how long that bolt is? Is there enough vertical clearance to get it out without having to remove that housing above it? That would be very time consuming.
    RomeK2

Silver Member
    Approved Advertiser

Check the O-Ring groove carefully. Many times that blow out is caused by a flaw in the groove. Seldom will one push out as shown in your picture unless the fitting gets really loose or the groove is bad.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Quote Originally Posted by RomeK2 View Post
    I I had to find a 26mm. Sears didn't have a 26mm but had a 27mm so I bought it for $19.
    Next time pick up a 15" Cresent wrench. It'll come in real handy.
    L2500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast