Tires Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's?

/ Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's? #1  

Muskrat84

I need new tires for the front of my B2400 and would like to switch from turf tires to R4's. My rears are still in good shape so I do not want to replace them right now. I did find some 23x8.50x12 R4's, which is the exact same size as my front turfs. Does anyone see a problem with getting the front R4's now and then getting new tires and/or wheels when the rears need to be replaced?

Here is a link to the tires..
23x8.50-12 6ply CARLISLE R4 Loader Lug TRAC CHIEF tire by rustybore

Thanks

/ Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's? #2  
This was recently discussed at length, it was just the opposite swap... I think if you keep the rolling circumference the same as what was originally there you will be fine... Make sure there is a R4 for the rear that has the same rolling circumference as the existing rear turf...
It takes a while to wear out turf tires, don't wait too long. KennyV

/ Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's?
I cant seem to find the thread you are referring to. Does anyone have a link for me?

/ Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's?
Is that just a "you can use the tires as tires" or "you can use R4's on the front and still use 4 wheel drive as long as the R4's are the same size as the turfs"?

/ Mixed tires. Turfs and R4's? #6  
Is that just a "you can use the tires as tires" or "you can use R4's on the front and still use 4 wheel drive as long as the R4's are the same size as the turfs"?

You can put the R4's on the front and still use 4WD as long as the tires are close to the same size.