PTO problems

/ PTO problems #1  

Muskrat84

About a week ago someone stole my truck, along with a bunch of other stuff, and apparently they tried to steal the tractor(Kubota B2400), or atleast messed with it. When I tried to use it after that the rear PTO lever was engaged and I could not disengage it by using the clutch, which means I could not start the tractor. The following day I decided I would be a little more persuasive and I used a little more force than I did the day before. It popped out, or atleast I thought it did. Now the tractor runs just fine, except the pto is still spinning even when the lever is disengaged. On top of that, it doesnt feel like it ever comes out of gear.

Then I mowed the yard with it and the mid PTO kept "popping out of gear", which would shut the mower down(rear pto still spinning). Now both levers seem... flacid. There is no resistance to either of them and and the mid pto will not engage. I took the seat off once I realized the rear pto was not disengaging and tried to see if there was any linkage that was messed up. On my tractor it is just a solid bar that engages/disengages the pto's. I lubricated all the linkage and everything seemed to be working fine.

I cant think of anything else to check, so some advice/help would be appreciated.

/ PTO problems #2  
Try to get a parts diagram related to that part of the tractor and see what could have potentially been damaged when forcing it out of gear.

/ PTO problems
I have the parts diagram but still cant see anything I may have damaged. Any ideas?

/ PTO problems #4  
Since it appears to have been a consequential damage during theft, I wonder if insurance might pay to have it repaired. Worth asking...

/ PTO problems
I will know more about that on Tuesday because, as you know, it is mandatory that whoever you are dealing with goes on vacation the same time you have a problem. I am going to try to turn it in, but wanted to see if anyone had an idea of what might be wrong so I could atleast mow the yard again before it goes in the shop. Any ideas?