Flashers Stay On!

/ Flashers Stay On! #1  

bcp301

Tractor
BX-2230
The other night, I noticed my BX 2230's flashers were on. I shut them off and in a couple of seconds they came back on and stayed on. I pulled the fuse and re-visited the next day. I found that the dashboard was wet/damp from all the rain we've had in eastern Mass, dried everything out but they still stay on. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

/ Flashers Stay On! #2  
It is a common problem on the BX tractors. The dash switches are not water proof. Just keep them dry and they will be fine. I've never had any issues because mine were wet, but that is not to say that there couldn't be any.

/ Flashers Stay On! #3  
Had the same problem with my BX23...Keep 'em dry.

Don

/ Flashers Stay On! #4  
Any suggestions?

Pull the switches out and let them dry in the sun.

Some folks take them apart, fill with electrical grease, drill drain holes, etc.

If you search around here, some guys have substituted better switches.

It is a PitA with the BX. I just keep the flasher switch disconnected, never use them.

/ Flashers Stay On! #5  
Ancor makes marine grade switches that are drop in replacements (it's a common switch body). Just washing your Kubota can end up killing your battery if you're not careful.

We found them for aroud $4 apiece somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find that distributor now. Others sell them for as much as $20 I think.

Jesse

/ Flashers Stay On! #6  
   / Flashers Stay On! #7  
Pull the switches out and let them dry in the sun.

Some folks take them apart, fill with electrical grease, drill drain holes, etc.

If you search around here, some guys have substituted better switches.

It is a PitA with the BX. I just keep the flasher switch disconnected, never use them.

I've had the same problem..I just pull the screen off and unplug the power feed to the flasher switch..It is kinda stupid. Glad to hear marine switches will work. I'll look into that...Thanks

/ Flashers Stay On! #8  
I had the same problem after washing my bx23...........sprayed over the area where the battery is, not intending to get too much water inside. The flashers stayed on even after the key was removed.....I'd like to wash it soon again, but I need to be careful.......

/ Flashers Stay On! #9  
My BX did the same thing remove the switches and dry. Then fill them with dielectric grease problem solved . I did mine the first year I had the tractor and have never had anymore problems been almost 6 years now and I wash my tractor once a month.

The switches come apart very easy.

Good luck.

/ Flashers Stay On! #10  
thanks for the info........I'll give it a try......have a great evening!
Mark