Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #1  

samofsweden

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx24, 2007
Hi. I just did my 300hours service. My BX24 lives a hard life but well maintanied live. Please check your BX,s so you dont have this potential breakage as I find out. I have to order a new waterhose on monday.
/Sam

Attachments

• RIMG0074.jpg
    RIMG0074.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 500
  • RIMG0076.jpg
    RIMG0076.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 419
   / Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #2  
Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing my 50 service soon and will look for any wear on the coolant hose. Even with a new hose, how are you going to make sure it doesn't rub on the fan belt?

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #3  
How about frabicating a brace out of 3/4 inch flat stock drill a hole in the end for the bottom alternator holding bolt and then twisting the flat stock in a vise to hold the hose back and away from the belt as is being done in photo number one by the posters hand and finger.

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #4  
You might try one of those bling-bling braided hose covers over the water hose.

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #5  
I agree with a bracket to hold clearance, since both the hose and the belt need to be protected from rubbing, don't want to lose either one ;)

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #6  
The engineer who designed this missed his calling. He should have been a weather man instead.

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners? #7  
Sam,

The same thing happened to me. I let the dealer who I bought my BX2350from perform the first service, as I had some recall issues (broken operator's deck.)

Anyway, when I did the next service, I noticed that the oil filter that I was given by another dealer was much smaller than what was on it. From what I could tell, the original dealer used a filter that's listed as "compatible", but it pushed the hose into the belt.

If you get the smaller one (supposedly the one that it's meant for), the hose stays well clear of the belt. At least that's what happened to my BX2350.

Jesse

/ Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?
Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing my 50 service soon and will look for any wear on the coolant hose. Even with a new hose, how are you going to make sure it doesn't rub on the fan belt?

Thats why we all stay here, to give and take. I really hope no one has ruined his or hereエs engine. I took a BIG nylon-strap to hold back the hose.
/Sam

How about frabicating a brace out of 3/4 inch flat stock drill a hole in the end for the bottom alternator holding bolt and then twisting the flat stock in a vise to hold the hose back and away from the belt as is being done in photo number one by the posters hand and finger.

Good idea! At the moment Im using a Big nylonstrap.
/Sam

Sam,

The same thing happened to me. I let the dealer who I bought my BX2350from perform the first service, as I had some recall issues (broken operator's deck.)

Anyway, when I did the next service, I noticed that the oil filter that I was given by another dealer was much smaller than what was on it. From what I could tell, the original dealer used a filter that's listed as "compatible", but it pushed the hose into the belt.

If you get the smaller one (supposedly the one that it's meant for), the hose stays well clear of the belt. At least that's what happened to my BX2350.

Jesse

Hi Jesse. So you where lucky aswell! Im using orginal oilfilter and a BIG Nylonstrap as mentioned above, I think that will do it. Using a smaller oilfilter doesnt sound (at least for me) as a good idea, but I can see the benefit doing so. I think that the problem was created from a to "untensioned" fanbelt. In conbined with to close hose together with engine run on idle, it create more vibrations.
I bought my BX in US then I shipped it to Sweden...so I cant to any recall issues;), but Im very very impressed of my BX24. I use it in my landscaping business.
Good luck!
/Sam