Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Default Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?

Hi. I just did my 300hours service. My BX24 lives a hard life but well maintanied live. Please check your BX,s so you dont have this potential breakage as I find out. I have to order a new waterhose on monday.
    /Sam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?-rimg0074.jpg   Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?-rimg0076.jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Important! Engine Failure for BX24 and BX2350 owners?

Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing my 50 service soon and will look for any wear on the coolant hose. Even with a new hose, how are you going to make sure it doesn't rub on the fan belt?
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

How about frabicating a brace out of 3/4 inch flat stock drill a hole in the end for the bottom alternator holding bolt and then twisting the flat stock in a vise to hold the hose back and away from the belt as is being done in photo number one by the posters hand and finger.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24 TLB

You might try one of those bling-bling braided hose covers over the water hose.

I agree with a bracket to hold clearance, since both the hose and the belt need to be protected from rubbing, don't want to lose either one

Tractor
    New Holland T2320 and Kubota ZD326 ZT

The engineer who designed this missed his calling. He should have been a weather man instead.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Sam,

The same thing happened to me. I let the dealer who I bought my BX2350from perform the first service, as I had some recall issues (broken operator's deck.)

Anyway, when I did the next service, I noticed that the oil filter that I was given by another dealer was much smaller than what was on it. From what I could tell, the original dealer used a filter that's listed as "compatible", but it pushed the hose into the belt.

If you get the smaller one (supposedly the one that it's meant for), the hose stays well clear of the belt. At least that's what happened to my BX2350.

Jesse
    BX2350 - FEL, 48" Box blade, Markham toothbar, ROPS mounted lights, BXpanded bucket hooks, 48" Howse brush cutter

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by CHDinCT View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing my 50 service soon and will look for any wear on the coolant hose. Even with a new hose, how are you going to make sure it doesn't rub on the fan belt?
    Thats why we all stay here, to give and take. I really hope no one has ruined his or hereď˝´s engine. I took a BIG nylon-strap to hold back the hose.
    /Sam

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Gator6x4 View Post
    How about frabicating a brace out of 3/4 inch flat stock drill a hole in the end for the bottom alternator holding bolt and then twisting the flat stock in a vise to hold the hose back and away from the belt as is being done in photo number one by the posters hand and finger.
    Good idea! At the moment Im using a Big nylonstrap.
    /Sam

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jesseb3@att.net View Post
    Sam,

The same thing happened to me. I let the dealer who I bought my BX2350from perform the first service, as I had some recall issues (broken operator's deck.)

Anyway, when I did the next service, I noticed that the oil filter that I was given by another dealer was much smaller than what was on it. From what I could tell, the original dealer used a filter that's listed as "compatible", but it pushed the hose into the belt.

If you get the smaller one (supposedly the one that it's meant for), the hose stays well clear of the belt. At least that's what happened to my BX2350.

Jesse
    Hi Jesse. So you where lucky aswell! Im using orginal oilfilter and a BIG Nylonstrap as mentioned above, I think that will do it. Using a smaller oilfilter doesnt sound (at least for me) as a good idea, but I can see the benefit doing so. I think that the problem was created from a to "untensioned" fanbelt. In conbined with to close hose together with engine run on idle, it create more vibrations.
    I bought my BX in US then I shipped it to Sweden...so I cant to any recall issues, but Im very very impressed of my BX24. I use it in my landscaping business.
    Good luck!
    /Sam