Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #1  

davygp38

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
OK, I am trading in My 32 hp dt3000 tlb (low hours). I need a bigger machine. I belong to large hunting club in the Northeast, and I find myself doing a lot of land clearing IE skiding logs, digging stumps, Bush hogging, raking ect. My budget is $35000,max I am lookin at new, and used low hours. I want any, and all ideas ect

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #2  
OK, I am trading in My 32 hp dt3000 tlb (low hours). I need a bigger machine. I belong to large hunting club in the Northeast, and I find myself doing a lot of land clearing IE skiding logs, digging stumps, Bush hogging, raking ect. My budget is $35000,max I am lookin at new, and used low hours. I want any, and all ideas ect
Are you sure you want Kubota?
Do you have any investment in implements?

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #3  
Barlows Equipment trade :) and sell new and used. They deliver and ship to NE often to save on shipping. Contact them and tell them what you got and your needs. Very easy and simple.

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #4  
Knowing the northeast and some of the tree's that are grown here as well as their root bases I would wonder how big you might want to go. There are a couple of distinct jobs here. One dragging or towing and the other with the hoe.

You have a good tractor now and going bigger might make some chores easier and faster but it also might slow other projects.

I'm not a full time operator but I do get to try a lot of machinery and to remove maple stumps with anything that has a 12' reach to 16' seems that it will take about a half hour per foot on the stump to get out and remove and clean up.

You might want to consider two machines if you have more operators or it would be better to know what might be the largest amount of those jobs you might be doing.

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #5  
OK, I am trading in My 32 hp dt3000 tlb (low hours). I need a bigger machine. I belong to large hunting club in the Northeast, and
I find myself doing a lot of land clearing IE skiding logs, digging stumps, Bush hogging, raking ect.
My budget is $35000,max I am lookin at new, and used low hours. I want any, and all ideas ect
Does your insurance cover this?

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs
I have two machines already The Kubota, and An Allis chalmers d17. I want to go with one machine. I have a 5' bush hog squealer a 6' york rake and 5' disc I got tired of taking off the 3pt hoe, to use the bush hog ect. I like the quick attach features of the JD, or the Kubota. I am not set on a kubota, but the one I have works very well, and I have had no problems. I need a bigger loader, for moving pallets around also one that can handle a 1 ton pallet ex wood pellets. as far as insurance goes, I am considered a land owner at our club, since we all own a share, so no differance than my home

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #8  
digging out stumps is a job for about any tractor. think you'll need a hd grapple (plenty of advice on that in this forum), (also assuming you don't want to opt for a back hoe). As far as a tractor with guts, I'd look at a M85 or 9540. I picked up my 85 new 12 speed HD tranny, hyd shuttle, fel, 4wd for 35K. In terms of picking up 1 ton with forks?, the fel capacity on that model is 2900+ at bucket center....so projecting out, it may just make it (try something simulated on the lot) might run into something used, but recommend the hyd shuttle in any case. the 85&95 are built on the same engine/power train, just bigger tires and a few extra horses on the 95.the larger tires come as an option on the 85. awesome machine . bb

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs #9  
as far as insurance goes,
*I am considered a land owner at our club, since we all own a share, so no differance than my home
*Interesting concept.
You learn by asking.
So i'm glad I asked the question.

/ Shopping for a bigger machine, here are my needs
Well, i'm going to the dealership today. The salesman says finacing is no problem with Kubota. He did not even blink, about taking in both of my tractors.