B2400 Starts and dies

/ B2400 Starts and dies #1  

-r0b-

Hi all,

Experienced an issue yesterday where my B2400 diesel would start and immediately die. This tractor has always started at the touch of a button and runs like a sewing machine. I drained the fuel cup and the problem persisted. I started it probably 12 times and finally, it continued to run.

Is this some attribute of a fuel pump bleeding down, water in the fuel, etc? Now it has me worried since its always been so darn reliable.

Thanks

/ B2400 Starts and dies #3  
My BX would start and run until you let the key return from the start position to the run position. The fuel solenoid was going bad.

/ B2400 Starts and dies
Thanks for the replies. Once it started and continued to run it has done fine. I was told by a mechanic it might've been air in the fuel line. I'm not sure what was going on, but since then, it starts fine. Weird.

/ B2400 Starts and dies #5  
I do believe that in most cases it is bad fuel I believe that it goes bad. Especially if you have it for considerable amount of time. I keep mine outside tank and it may last a year. I do believe that one sould treat the diesel fuel when it goes in the tractor and also the storage tank if you have one.

/ B2400 Starts and dies #6  
it sounds like air in the fuel..

after you drained the fuel cup you can have the same issue unless you bleed the system it will die several times before the air is no longer a problem.

some diesels have primer pumps so that you can charge the lines with fuel after filter changes or water drains.

cheers